Vinyl is it worthy?

trutrent

Although closely related to other headers, there seems to be more and more threads started in a few forums devoted to the discussion on vinyl lp's.

Does Vinyl and all things about vinyl deserve its own Forum space underneath the Turntable Threads?

Last edited:
I think we're doing fine as is. But I also think it depends on how you use the V-bulletin software.

Myself and many others always use the "New Posts" link at the top of the page; I don't go through individual forum headers. So it all comes to me the same way. Adding another header wouldn't make any difference one way or the other.

Her's a short thread we had on the subject about this time last year:
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=203848&highlight=navigate

No. There are already forums for music and turntables.
Thats true, along with general discussion and all the manufacture headers just to name a few, but all things vinyl threads are splintered among them.
There are many good and informitave discussions buried in alot of different headers.

With the ever increasing popularity it seems as though the time has come to consider it.:thmbsp:

I think for now it's fine as is. It's easy to see the majority of Vinyl related posts "at-a-glance".

Alright then, the majority has spoken. case closed.

EXCUSE ME !!! This thread was only posted today and you said the majority has spoken.Only 8 people responded.
WTF??? Give it a week or more-- not everyone logs on here every 12 hours.
Let the people respond and put a dead line on the peoples vote.
Let's be fair about this----------
James:nono:

I think the Music forum is where threads on LPs, records, albums (vinyl? what's that? :D) should go.

I don't understand why people start threads on records in the Turntable forum, but they're all easy enough to find.

My favorite browse method is "Today's Posts" under the V-bulletin Quick Link menu.

It's not logical to have a Turntable Forum plus a separate forum for what you put on turntables. That would be the same as having a forum for reel-to-reel tape players and cassette players, (which we have), and then another forum for reel-to-reel tapes and cassette tape cartridges. Or a forum for cd players and another, separate forum for the round plastic discs.

And, as has been mentioned, we already have a very popular forum for the music that you can play on any format.

There is a natural overlap between turntables and vinyl.
There is also a tendency for overlap between the music forum and vinyl.
Sometimes I'm not sure where it is best to put a post about a record album.

I don't know if a new forum would be the solution. It might be, but perhaps just clarifying what is --and is not-- included in each forum would do it. If the turntable forum is truly becoming lopsided, then perhaps it would be good to split it (?), but it hasn't seemed too far out of balance to me, up to now. Scrolling through the long list of forums to find the one you want is becoming a bit tiresome... I'd only add another forum if it really is needed.

I think it's fine the way it is.
Regards,
Jim

People that have turntables play vinyl. You can't have one without the other, so what would the point be? We ask questions about turntables to improve how they play vinyl, we ask questions about vinyl to get the most enjoyment out of our turntables.

due to the enthusiastic post to keep the count going, we'll keep a running total. I could'nt find the official poll counter before I started this thread.
So as of right now
Yes=4 including myself
No=11
undecieded=1

Back
Top Bottom