Vinyl only spin list

After_Hours_1955_Columbia_CL660.jpg

After Hours

Sarah Vaughan

1955 Columbia CL 660

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Played Music AK 2017 028.JPG Played Music AK 2017 030.JPG
One of JT's I didn't own yet, and never heard. Found it today at my local record store. It's amazing this record came out at the height of the disco era. I had hoped to find This Was but didn't happen. Enjoying Heavy Horses so far. This spin having any connection with the Kentucky Derby is purely coincidental.

S.J.

View attachment 924896 View attachment 924897
One of JT's I didn't own yet, and never heard. Found it today at my local record store. It's amazing this record came out at the height of the disco era. I had hoped to find This Was but didn't happen. Enjoying Heavy Horses so far. This spin having any connection with the Kentucky Derby is purely coincidental.

S.J.

Nice score, And lava lamp!

Forgive me if this has been discussed before... Does anyone replace CD copies with LP copies? I have to resist the urge every time I visit my favorite local independent record store to buy some freshly reissued LP version of something I have on CD.

In full disclosure, sometimes I purposefully do this. Some of my CDs were purchased as placeholders, as it were, until I could find a suitable LP copy. These days, suddenly, suitable LP copies are readily available. In point of fact, I don't have too much trouble with releases issued in the heyday of the CD, say, 1987 through 1994 or so. I do feel compelled to replace anything before that, especially 1960s and 1970s albums.

Feels like a problem. Cuz, of course, I hardly have unlimited music spending coin.

Forgive me if this has been discussed before... Does anyone replace CD copies with LP copies? I have to resist the urge every time I visit my favorite local independent record store to buy some freshly reissued LP version of something I have on CD.

In full disclosure, sometimes I purposefully do this. Some of my CDs were purchased as placeholders, as it were, until I could find a suitable LP copy. These days, suddenly, suitable LP copies are readily available. In point of fact, I don't have too much trouble with releases issued in the heyday of the CD, say, 1987 through 1994 or so. I do feel compelled to replace anything before that, especially 1960s and 1970s albums.

Feels like a problem. Cuz, of course, I hardly have unlimited music spending coin.

Yes, I do.

I'm not reading any problems. Sounds like a lot of us here at AK.

S.J.

Back
Top Bottom