Vinyl only spin list

Coincidentally, I saw a copy of this, early pressing, in stereo at a local thrift place yesterday and almost bought it. I couldn't recall if my copy at home was stereo or mono or what condition it was in. The store copy looked in great shape but had a suspicious scratch on one side. When I got home, I was pleased to find my copy was not only what I'd call a VG-plus copy, cover and vinyl, but also a first pressing in mono. I like how my collection sometimes surprises me like that.

I sort of regret not picking up that stereo copy, even if just for comparison sake, but I'm learning more and more to slow down the collecting urge.

Anyway, great LP!

Dave Brubeck Quartet ~ Time Out (1959, Columbia Stereo)

index.php

Picked up this mono release last fall, and I think it's great. I prefer it over any stereo version of the LP I have.

I also picked up the white album mono release, and it's excellent, too.

As I mentioned in another post, I prefer the Stereo remasters of 2012 on most of the Beatles reissues. To me the Mono's sound dull and lifeless. YMMV and I respect your position.

Keep in mind I returned many copies of the Rainbo pressed 2012 reissues, and kept with it until I got well pressed and unwarped copies, to obtain quality that was top notch. My Rubber Soul 2012 is one of my finest sounding records. I work 1 block from a UPS Store so returns were not much of a hassle for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom