Vinyl only spin list

Ah, that Townes record is a really excellent most satisfying thang.

As for me so is that which is now playing.

Bob Dylan
Street Legal

StreetLegalPHOTO0661.JPG

Peace will come
With tranquility and splendor on the wheels of fire
But will offer us no reward when her false idols fall
And cruel death surrenders with its pale ghost retreating
Between the King and the Queen of Swords

R-2920374-1307363279.jpeg.jpg
R-2920374-1307363291.jpeg.jpg

Stanley Turrentine / Pieces Of Dreams
1974 Fantasy

It has come to this?

Elvis V. Elvis
IMG_0682.JPG
Me olde original purchase
V
2015 repress from Elvis Costello/Universal
Imported from Czech Republic

Bowing and squawking
Running after tidbits
Bobbing and squinting
Just like a nitwit
Two little Hitlers will fight it out until
One little Hitler does the other one's will....
I need my head examined
I need my eyes excited
I'd like to join the party
But I was not invited..

From Music Direct product description.

Elvis Costello And The Attractions Armed Forces on 180g LP

Remastered from the Original Master Tapes!

Largely written on tour in hotel rooms and on the bus, Elvis Costello's Armed Forces takes personal politics to a new level. A supremely melodic and hook-laden record, the 1979 set is a showcase of scintillating keyboard lines, sharp guitar work, and the most cohesive arrangements of Costello and the Attractions' career. In every way, this is a pop masterpiece, defined by hits such as "Accidents Will Happen," "Oliver's Army," and the anthemic "What's So Funny 'Bout Peace Love and Understanding?"

While less musically intense than the preceding This Year's Model, Armed Forces doesn't let up in the lyric department. Costello's narratives are loaded with paranoia, irony, bitterness, and scathing humor. Originally titled Emotional Fascism, the singer's third consecutive masterpiece is inspired by billboard sign slogans, insular observations, and social behavior that Costello found applicable to his own situation. "Oliver's Army," "Green Shirt," and "Senior Service" address systemic governmental control. "Big Boys," "Two Little Hitlers," and "Accidents Will Happen" also concern control and betrayal – but that of the interpersonal nature.

Given the luxury of six weeks in the studio, Costello and the Attractions responded with spacious arrangements and a few extra touches and instrumental colors that add to the songs' charm. Steve Nieve employs a monophonic Minimoog keyboard and pianos patterned after Abba's sweet pop; whispers are exaggerated into black comedy shouts on "Goon Squad"; layered and echoed vocals provide the illusion of several Costello voices on multiple tracks. The band is of a piece, constantly in harmony and on the same page.

Back
Top Bottom