Vinyl only spin list

After spending thousands of hours recording Rumors, I'm sure they just threw these tracks together quickly and kicked back a bit. Sara is an awesome song and one of my favorites from Nicks. The Tusk track is fun but once about every two years is good for me. This album could have easily been kept a single rather than double album?

"Gypsy" is my all-time favorite Fleetwood Mac tune!

The Golden Earrings - s/t
(1967, Capitol) 1974 reissue of Golden Earrings ‎– Winter-Harvest, 1967

36309769976_75e7710801_b.jpg

36217414931_f7e312702b_b.jpg

After spending thousands of hours recording Rumors, I'm sure they just threw these tracks together quickly and kicked back a bit. Sara is an awesome song and one of my favorites from Nicks. The Tusk track is fun but once about every two years is good for me. This album could have easily been kept a single rather than double album?

Absolutely agreed on all fronts; Tusk was more of a "concept attempt" album that wasn't all that popular with those of us who were raised on the Rumours and Tango in the Night Mac...to be honest, I can't stand the title track, "Tusk," and always thought it was a low point for the band. I would have EASILY put "Seven Wonders" or "The Chain" on the original Greatest Hits release over "Tusk." Can't stand that USC marching band-esque approach on the single of "Tusk;" it's utterly annoying to me, as are Buckingham's "Ahhh---yeeeeeee!!" calls throughout. :rolleyes:

"Sara" remains one of my all-time favorite songs by the band, what with Nicks' melodic, almost haunting approach to the lyrics and the overall rhythm of the song, which is sometimes goosebump-inducing IMO.

I agree with you that the best song is Synchronicity II. Bummer your copy doesn't sound great. You got me curious, so I've been looking for my album, and can't find it! Must have buried it out of order. Mine sounds good to me. Will keep looking and report back.

Grrrr, found it. 1983 A&M records. Sounds good. Maybe yours got left in a hot car or something? Maybe my standards are low? :cool:

I never understood why "Synchronicity II" didn't make it to the Every Breath You Take compilation packages (either on vinyl or CD), because this was, arguably, their best song. Classic Rock at its finest IMO.

Indeed, my copy of Synchronicity on vinyl was garnered second-hand from somewhere, and it wasn't taken care of; I'd probably just be better served by getting a newer Greatest Hits-esque compilation by them so I can get "Synchronicity II" in a clean, digital format...

Glad your copy sounds good, though! The biggest problem with my version is the severe inner groove distortion I get on "Synchronicity II," but this could be due to the "cheaper" carts I've played this album on, including now (I'm using an Audio-Technica AT95E).

Back
Top Bottom