Vinyl only spin list

R-723601-1320603957.jpeg.jpg

This arrived USPS today during a crossfire hurricane........ I mean a total eclipse of the sun.*

Elvis Costello
My Aim Is True
IMG_0741.JPG

This was on backorder for a week from Music Direct.It arrived today, days ahead of the shipping schedule provided.
The 2015 ( although the back jacket states 22015 ) Elvis Costello Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) reissue.
Another of the Elvis Costello reissues pressed in the Czech Republic, my recent pick up of Armed Forces was as well.

*In Colorado and elsewhere - not here in S.E.Texas, U.S.A.

Last edited:
Didn't I see a comment a few posts back ( The Who? Who's Next? ) about those boys from that little Island nation and all the music they make.
Here's to ye' (y'all).....
well,
That THEM or is it them Them got me ears and 'ead all tuned up for something

Kinda Kinks
IMG_0747.JPG IMG_0745.JPG
Number 2 of the Solar eclipse arrivals from Music Direct.
A 2015 reissue / Sanctuary Records

-
From Analog Planet

Kount it as official: The recently released Sanctuary Kinks albums were mastered by Kevin Gray from the original Pye master tapes. Gray just got permission to reveal this.

Why make such great news a secret? All kind of politics we needn't get into here.

Krazy good news for Kinks fans. If you go to Amazon.com for instance and look up Kinks albums you will see so many reissues on vinyl and otherwise, it can get confusing. The ones to look for are dated 2015.

Before getting this information from Mr. Gray, I ordered Face to Face as a test and will compare to original Pye pressings but really, there should be little drama. If the tapes are in good condition (which I assume they are if the company was willing to ship masters), these reissues should be superb.

That said, consider that these were never 'sonic spectaculars' in the "audiophile sense" but were simple, direct and vibrant recordings that should rock.

When I interviewed Ray Davies, I have to say, he was about as enthusiastic about vinyl as is Howard Stern. Ray complained that the final result sounded little like the tape, but on what was he playing them?

Back
Top Bottom