Vinyl only spin list

IMG_4941.JPG
MCA - 2017 (formerly 93135) 1972. This is from the garage sale hoard and is in very g+ condition . I think it is one of his first big commercial success with Madman across the Water and Tumbleweed Connection. All good albums. Not a great fan but cannot help but like the music. Thank God bernie came along....

View attachment 1017413
MCA - 2017 (formerly 93135) 1972. This is from the garage sale hoard and is in very g+ condition . I think it is one of his first big commercial success with Madman across the Water and Tumbleweed Connection. All good albums. Not a great fan but cannot help but like the music. Thank God bernie came along....

Elton is a class act. Saw him with Billy Joel when they toured together about 15 yr ago. Quite the showman. Honky Chateau is my most played EJ.

IMG_4942.JPG
SP 4313 1971 Teaser and the Firecat. Another from the garage sale Hoard. To my delight I found it had my all time favorite cat Stevens song on side 2.

BITTERBLUE.. if you have a system. I mean a real system that likes to pound. Pound it out and you too can be a fan..... if I have to explain......

Elton is a class act. Saw him with Billy Joel when they toured together about 15 yr ago. Quite the showman. Honky Chateau is my most played EJ.
In 73-74 I was driving from south Florida to Michigan. I had to stop rest stop.. somewhere in Ohio dead tired. I collapsed in the back seat and left the radio on low and tried to fall asleep. Damn. Never heard before,,,, it started up. I had to listen and could not sleep till it was over. WHAT WAS THAT???
Funeral for a Friend. will forever stand out in my mind.

Last edited:
ugh...forgot to post here, too. Here's a mini-flood of the last few hours.

Wendy Carlos ‎– Tron (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Audio Fidelity/Walt Disney Records ‎– AFZLP2 177, 1982/2014

Cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio
Pressed at Quality Record Pressing

Limited/Numbered - #3274

dTGGeJ.jpg

wxqPNZ.jpg
Wow... Is it me or is that just about the most beautiful shade of cobalt blue in a vinyl record? I love the movie and after seeing this post I'll have to seek out and listen to its soundtrack.

View attachment 1017413

Am I the only one who thinks Empty Sky is EJ's best album? Not much of a fan either, but I LOVE that one. And it is never mentioned when his canon is discussed. More pastoral and imaginative in tone and lyrics than pretty much anything else he did, IMO.

Am I the only one who thinks Empty Sky is EJ's best album? Not much of a fan either, but I LOVE that one. And it is never mentioned when his canon is discussed. More pastoral and imaginative in tone and lyrics than pretty much anything else he did, IMO.
Not familiar but surly worth a look. I have one of his early albums. not sure what it is...

https://www.discogs.com/Elton-John-Empty-Sky/master/84198

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom