Vinyl only spin list

The Box Tops - The Letter/Neon Rainbow
(1967, Bell) Monarch

38854745345_3c7c75c57d_b.jpg

39044040184_206047e4b7_b.jpg

IMG_5670.JPG

Another pic from today. When i saw this on my thumb through it was quickly seized and looked at. It's a deep groove Mono on Yellow Epic label. Has a visible scratch across all of side one which is audible as a pop in the first track but slight like noise the rest. Easily ignored. After hearing this first side I'm thinking find it on CD if it is on CD. Great pianist in the style I love.

IMG_5672.JPG
That looks different! How is it?

Well to me it has the 80's sound front and center, lots of synthesizers on most tracks and Sax on a few. The Drums have that sound what sounds like drum machines. What you would hear in the action movies of the time. His Guitar playing is hard electric riffs. Some vocals that remind me of Rick Springfield style. I don't think I am going to keep it.

View attachment 1091889

Well to me it has the 80's sound front and center, lots of synthesizers on most tracks and Sax on a few. The Drums have that sound what sounds like drum machines. What you would hear in the action movies of the time. His Guitar playing is hard electric riffs. Some vocals that remind me of Rick Springfield style. I don't think I am going to keep it.
Thanks for the review. Sounds kinda funky, looks funky too. It's funny the transformation, 60s and 70s bands went through in the early 80s.

Another album(s) I wore out back in the day, The Wall. Thank god for my old Pioneer cans for this one! I thought I deserved a new copy. “Young Lust” was one I wanted our band to give a go but, we couldn’t get it right, no we couldn’t get it right. Hey, that sounds like a lyric to a song?:idea:View attachment 1081757
I got the master recordings of The Wall Dark side of the moon and Wish you were here for xmas on 180 gram. Ive got a really cool wife and son

Back
Top Bottom