(12" stereo LP record)

Released 1981
Recorded and Mastered by Malcolm Chisholm, formerly of Chess Records

Peter Dames, piano, vocals, leader
Willie James Lyons, electric guitar
Willie Black, electric bass
Cary Pletteau, drums

From the back cover:
" Peter Dames and the Rhythm Flames crawled out of a basement rehearsal hall near the Chicago River and into bars, clubs, and parties all over the city. Their solid style is strictly Chicago--tight pulsing, rolling right along..... Sparrow's first blues album is a reason for many more. " -- Howard Mandel, writer for Billboard, Downbeat, and Chicago's Reader.

If you ever head them live, as I did, they might have been billed as "The Chicago River Blues Band."

This record is a rarity.

It really bothers me how enough is never enough. I just became obsessed with adding two or three more LPs to the collection. I'm heading to the store for the third time this weekend.

On the shopping list... a couple of Unwound LPs and Eno's Here Come the Warm Jets.

Don't ask me why. One thing sort of leads to another. Before this morning, I'd never heard of Unwound. Some random article on the Internet mentioned them in passing, I got curious, started to do some research, and now I'm opening my wallet.

Sheesh...

Listening to my new copy of Here Come the Warm Jets. It is not nearly as nice as the Bowie reissues I picked up yesterday. This copy is certainly passable, though... nothing wrong with it, just none of the "shine" of the Bowie reissues.

I also picked up Unwound's New Plastic Ideas. Could not find Leaves Turn Inside You, which is what I was most after. Might have to special order.

Back
Top Bottom