Vinyl only spin list

The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band ‎– Vol. 2 (Reprise 1967)
R-467918-1329049136.jpeg.jpg

Trying to decide to whether to keep this original issue or a later 180g reissue - so far the original sounds good but has light background noise

Keep both?

But I've faced the choice before. Consider other factors, like how does the sound compare overall? Is there more presence in one or the other? How does the packaging compare? Finally, how significant is that light noise, how distracting?

I'd prefer to keep an original issue, all other things being equal, unless it is really unlistenable, or if the cover is trashed.

The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band ‎– Vol. 2 (Reprise 1967)
R-467918-1329049136.jpeg.jpg

Trying to decide to whether to keep this original issue or a later 180g reissue - so far the original sounds good but has light background noise

Last edited:
20 years ago we had a pet rabbit who liked to chew on the album covers. At that time I was just into CDs and didn't care anymore about my vinyl collection. Fortunately only about 20 got wrecked

I had a schnauzer by my first marriage who liked to do the same thing. The day I saw him start to chew into my first issue of Plastic Ono Band, I wanted to throw him through a window.

I really did not like that dog.

First spin after the move. I finally got this last week from the UK, after pre-ordering it in early November for this February release.

Joan As Police Woman - Damned Devotion. 2018, 180 GM, Limited Edition Pink. Europe.

Label_Play-It-Again-Sam2_JP.jpg

Last edited:
Found this for over half off back when Best Buy was dumping all their vinyl...cause no one goes to Best Buy for music at all, let alone vinyl.

Jethro Tull ‎– Aqualung
Chrysalis ‎– AQUA 1, 1971/2011

40th Anniversary Collector's Edition

Steven Wilson mix

Pressed at Optimal

mTE4rg.jpg

EikRRz.jpg

Michael Bloomfield
Live In Chicago 1964
BB

This record is a bootleg out of Russia. Blue Vinyl, clear jacket, and supposedly one of 500 pressed. It is live but some of it is without an audience. Bloomfield is often called the first guitar hero, probably because Dylan, and others, said publicly he was the best there is. His records are typically rather bland, his best stuff is live with other musicians. A song on this, "Blues For Roy", exemplifies his magic touch. You can check it out if you like, feel free to comment. He was but 21 when he recorded this.

Listened to a lot of Bowie this weekend! I dunno... Still, after all these years, much as I found this weekend that I love Low and Heroes, I have to say that Scary Monsters remains my favorite. I think it is Bowie at his most personally artistic, and it remains accessible without becoming commercial or overly pop sounding. Okay, what the heck, I'll rank my top five:

1. Scary Monsters
2. Ziggy Stardust
3. Low
4. Heroes
5. Lodger

Right thereafter, Station to Station... . ;)

Listened to a lot of Bowie this weekend! I dunno... Still, after all these years, much as I found this weekend that I love Low and Heroes, I have to say that Scary Monsters remains my favorite. I think it is Bowie at his most personally artistic, and it remains accessible without becoming commercial or overly pop sounding. Okay, what the heck, I'll rank my top five:

1. Scary Monsters
2. Ziggy Stardust
3. Low
4. Heroes
5. Lodger

Right thereafter, Station to Station... . ;)
That is what happens to me. I‘ll go totally Bowie for a weekend and then I move on for a few months and then come back

That is what happens to me. I‘ll go totally Bowie for a weekend and then I move on for a few months and then come back

For me, this was kind of a catch-up weekend. I had no Low, Heroes, or Station in my collection until Saturday (I HANG MY HEAD IN SHAME). So they were/are completely new to me. I may change my mind after more listens, but I can't replace that number one spot just yet. ;)

Back
Top Bottom