Vinyl only spin list

All Together Now - Argent
1E/1E press.
fY0BWDG.jpg

View attachment 1173853 View attachment 1173852

Opeth's Progressive music, to these seasoned ears, is stellar. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the earlier Opeth "froggy" voice stuff. I've yet to hear Deliverance, until tonight. Love Damnation. Listening now is tough but the musicianship is superb. No regrets buying this three record set and still much new stuff to hear.

S.J.

I know what you mean. Ghost Reveries was the one that did it for me, where they finally clicked. Friend had loaned me some of the older stuff (but definitely not Damnation) and, while I really loved the music, I just could not get past the vocals. Ghost Reveries came along in 2005 and I have been a fan ever since. Even went back and bought all of the older stuff, too. If it helps any, their last two albums have all-clean vocals, no growling. Seems that Mikhael has moved on from that style, for the most part (but no complaints here at all).

My brother would say that I was finally playing some good music.
IMG_1114.JPG
One reason that I moved the orphans to this location was the proximity
to the big window that opens to the back yard & patio. The days have been nice here
and although those Polk speakers do not have a wide field at all, still
with the windows open the music hits the wide open spaces, ( and my neighbors barking dogs.)
I played a dog whistle through the amp & speakers with an iPhone app..the dogs kept barking and I got a headache.

Back
Top Bottom