Vinyl only spin list

Roadhouse Blues - BOC (w/Robby Krieger)
Advance WLP 12" single.
NnvpL7p.jpg

LOVE Blackwater Park. And yes, Heritage was the beginning of the shift. I like Heritage and Sorceress a lot, but honestly, Pale Communion is probably my favorite of the post-Lindgren period most of the time. Very laid back compared to the rest of them.

Heritage kept me company on drives back home after a long day's work. Pale Communion is a good one for sure. I have to spin it. It's been awhile since I set all those three on the platter. Enjoyed Blackwater Park. I think Opeth slows it down so your ears and brain can catch up. There's a lot to listen to. I did order Ghost Reveries last night. Should arrive just in time for the weekend.

S.J.

Interesting. How can you tell which it is? The Electric Ladyland remaster is one of my best remasters I own, though I have no original to compare.

S.J.

Ist US issue had the tri-color label, 2nd issue the two tone (orange top), third issue the brown label (little orange block with R) without W logo on rim text, next issue had the W logo.
And I agree on those reissues, truly are good, just lack some of the rawness/mojo that the early stuff had...IMO 'natch.

Are you sure it wasn't 1973? I saw Flash open for WA at the duPage county fairgrounds and I think it was 73. Great show either way.

It might have been in '73. I saw them 4 times in '72,'73 or '74. Three of them were at the Aragon Ballroom. Camel was the opener for one and The Climax Blues Band the other that I can recall. Such a great live band!

Got my replacement in from Amazon...it's a lot better, but still a little static in the quiet parts and between tracks. I can live with it, tho.

Side 2 is much better than the first copy I received...now I just need to remember to ship it back.

Jethro Tull ‎– Heavy Horses
Chrysalis/Parlophone ‎– 0190295757311, 1978/2018

Remix by Steven Wilson
Pressed at Optimal

kJEe2w.jpg

rh0t6D.jpg

Back
Top Bottom