Vinyl only spin list

IMG_20180527_143141.jpg

Signing off now vinyl lovers. Flashback program is now on my local FM station so switching to FM Tuner. Flashback is starting off tonight in 1979. There should be some killer tunes playing for that year. Darn, vintage equipment and classic rock just blend well together.

Great to see your enthusiasm.
There are many here that never left it.
Bought my first album's in '64. Never really stopped, although it got less as our 3 children came along. But that was long ago and still I am buying.

my first vinyl purchases were in the mid 80s, but I switched to CDs soon after moving out of my parents' house in 1986. Bought some over the years, but didn't really get serious about it again until about 6-7 years ago. Finally got tired of the Loudness War crap that was going on with CDs and discovered that vinyl really did sound better because of it. Have made the switch pretty much permanent except for releases that are only available on CD. And digital download is anathema to me (although, as noted earlier, I will stream music that I own and have ripped). I just feel like digital-only is not even owning anything.

Yes, I probably got that info from the movie. I did read Brian Wilson's Autobiography he wrote years ago, I may have remembered if from there also. Sorry for throwing out these tidbits of rock facts. It is a compulsion. LOL. I made an error when signing up as I used my real name and system states once it is set it cannot be changed. However, I should have gone by what all my friends used to call me in the younger days "Encyclopedia Brown". Because I have been filled with useless rock facts for over on 50 years since I started collecting records via 45's in 1966 when I was a mere 5 years old.My brothers and sisters were older and I wanted to be like them. I am kinda like the guy in "Almost Famous" My older brothers and sisters set me free via vinyl. I was weird, my friends would be in the toy's isle and I would be in the 45 section looking at LP's and wondering why the hell someone would buy all those songs when you knew only one. It was not until 1968 that I discover Three Dog Night and The Grassroots. They were the 2 bands that started my first albums. It went from there. Yes, I should have gone by Encyclopedia Brown as I still rant off useless rock facts like Turett's (sp) Syndrome.

Contact the mods, they can work with you on the name change.

I love the fact vinyl is back! I shop via Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab (they have really always been around even when vinyl left) Now I also shop SoundStageDirect.com. I am blown away that I could literally recreate about 60% of my vinyl collection with new pressings. I am actually doing that at the moment with 14 bands. I have dialed in on 6 British Bands, 6 American Bands and a few Canadian Bands. I have been ordering them in the order of release. So far I have the first and second albums (on new vinyl 180 grams with great card stock) of each of the following bands. Again collecting them just as if I was getting them in the order and time they came out. The bands are as follows:
British
1. The Beatles
2. The Rolling Stones
3. The Who
4. Led Zeppelin
5. Black Sabbath
6. Deep Purple

American Bands:
1. Aerosmith
2. Blue Oyster Cult
3. Boston
4. Jimi Hendrix
5. Kansas
6. Van Halen

Canadian Bands
1. Rush
2. Triumph

Nice list that could easily mimic mine!
:rockon:

So cool waynec! I have discussed with some younger people their displeasure with CD / Digital Loudness and compression. It ruined digital. Classical Music sounds great on digital (geez did I say that in a vinyl room?) because the engineers understand the dynamic range and how digital can take advantage of it. Vinyl sounds so good because there is a "Soft Clip" that is not theoretically possible with digital. The volume max is no different than the analogy of the first MTV video "Radio killed the video star" Listen to albums recorded and engineered by Martin Birch. At first listening, once would think there is no volume there (listen to black Sabbath and deep purple). However, when one starts to turn up the volume past normal, one discovers a dynamic range hidden that makes analog so sweet!

Oh my!
Catus Bob is getting serious! Sweet selection! Gotta love the visuals too. Just like what waynec was stating in regards to not getting a product with digital. Yes, the root intent is to listen to music. But without the props it just isn't the same! And darn, I really like to pull out a fold out album for the first time in years and find lil ole seeds falling out. LOL remember that the fold outs were a great prop for other things.

Nice list that could easily mimic mine!
Thanks Slick Willie,
In regards to the list (as I mentioned I have the first 2 albums new for each of these listed groups), why is Blue Oyster Cult so overlooked? Geez, I love that band. They went to playing bars pretty early after having hit arenas. I respect how they kept in going whether the masses listened or not. I LOVE BOC! The first album was an attempt at an American Black Sabbath. Their second album, Tyranny and Mutation is simply a classic. One of the great sleeper rockers. BOC.JPG BOC.JPG

Love the way the vinyl has "The Red" and "The Black" label on each side. The normal Columbia Records but different colors to celebrate the "red and the black" in the lyrics of a song. Damn this second album was a killer rocker. A lot of energy and each song showcased great writing with , well , strange BOC lyrics. I actually as a teenager, took BOC up on their offer printed on albums to send a self addressed stamped envelop along with $0.50 cents to receive the lyrics. They sent me computer print out (sheets with the side wholes on both sides but I didn't peel them off) of the lyrics. I still have them in the first edition albums (I already have all BOC, just getting another round on the 180 grams) and they are a bit yellowed. Darn, that was an eye opener @ 15 to read those hard to understand lyrics, but they were cool anyway.

Oh my!
Catus Bob is getting serious! Sweet selection! Gotta love the visuals too. Just like what waynec was stating in regards to not getting a product with digital. Yes, the root intent is to listen to music. But without the props it just isn't the same! And darn, I really like to pull out a fold out album for the first time in years and find lil ole seeds falling out. LOL remember that the fold outs were a great prop for other things.

Thanks David! This lp has one heck of a line-up, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom