Vinyl only spin list

Seriously,
Cactus Bob knows his stuff. ANYONE who spins Lucifer's Friend is part of those chosen few that really know their music! This is this stuff of legend. This was way before the internet and in the days when one was cool to "be in the know" of such obscure bands! Rock on Cactus Bob, I am very impressed at this point!

Oh my gosh! This is John Lawton's band , who later went on to be with Uriah Heep. One would think demonic rock, but they used horn sections LOL LOVE IT!

I saw Heep in '73 in Chicago. Manfred Mann's Earth Band was the back up! Earth Band just released their "Solar Fire" lp which I love and Heep ended the evening with an epic version of "July Morning"!! What a great night!

Thanks Cactus Bob. Been a few years since I pulled out the Lucifer's Friend. Jammin' to it now! yes, I remember those horns with virtuoso guitar work (jazz to a degree) Weird but so good and very original! God, our generation will be studied for thousands of years. There is nothing like obsure 70's art rock!

Yes! I have about every Uriah Heep there is. They were called "the poor man's deep purple" Being a fanatical DP fan, I NEVER agreed with that statement. They were great in their own right.

I wouldn't say they were a poor man's DP either. Heep was more of a progressive rock band at least on their early lp's and DP more hard acid blues rock IMO.

Damn ,
this Lucifer's Friend sounds so good after a bong hit. I am sure it would sound just as good without a bong hit. But it is better with the bong hit LOL. I love 70's Hippie Heaven. Vinyl is a serious part of that heavenly Experience. Music is spiritual. Can't put it into words. I remember high school ,circa 1975. The girls were cool and in the know. I remember a friend of mine (female) stating "I just bought the new Jeff Beck Album, damn can he play the guitar" Wow, where did those women end up? I remember seeing Jeff Beck on the "there and back" tour along with when he and Stevie Ray toured together. Yup saw that one right in Austin Tx. The whole audience was stunned to see Stevie on the big stage after seeing him in the small clubs over the years. Seeing him jam with Jeff Beck was a spiritual experience. They ended the show with jammin' together on "I'm going down" Wow! I remember it like it was last night. Damn, time for another bong hit, I am getting depressed time is going so fast.

I wouldn't say they were a poor man's DP either. Heep was more of a progressive rock band at least on their early lp's and DP more hard acid blues rock IMO.
ya, I think the analogy came from a similar set up in regards to guitarist playing a strat and the keyboardist with a Hammond B3 . That , to me, was the only similarity

Ken Hensley was great , so multi talented with slide guitar , keyboards etc. Mick on great guitar. David, well , Operatic voice he had to be sure. Very unique and powerful with beauty in his voice.

So, this room is where all my 70's friends went LOL. I really miss my friends that didn't stick with the music like I did. We used to be part of something special. l live in Hillbilly Mountain region of Va, no one knows vinyl , etc here. such a bummer

Although, I once was at a gas station here in hillbilly land. I had some Gary Moore "Still got the Blues" Going in my car. A hillbilly country boy (mining territory here) came up to me while putting air in my tires and said "that is Gary Moore, I bet you didn't think anyone around here would now that" and then he walked away. So cool!

Hawkwind ~ Space Ritual
United Artists, 1973

Hawkwind_Space_Ritual.jpg

Hawkwind,_Space_Ritual_3.jpg

Hawkwind_Space_Ritual_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom