Vinyl only spin list

s/t - Captain Beyond
WLP press.
PzP7iDa.jpg

Sweet!
Slick Willie has the "ORIGINAL" Captain Beyond cover with the 3-D. This is such a great album. One of the first "supergroups" comprised of established musicians. I can remember playing this album for some friends in my car via Cassette (recorded from my vinyl of course) back in about 1977. 5 years after release. Anyway, I remember one of the guys saying "the drummer is all over the place" Yes, Bobby Caldwell can play the drums. One of the best features of this debut was his drumming. I believe he was also the drummer for the hit single "Rock N' Roll Hoochie Koo" from Rick Derringer.

Looks like the mods completed the name update. I have transitioned from my real name David Brown to my alter ego "Encyc Brown" . Short for Encyclopedia Brown. It was a nickname I had in days of youth because I kept shouting out useless Rock Facts that drove my friends Crazy. My Dad used to tell me it was great I loved music so much, but it would never put food on the table (I think most Dad's stated things like that, and why it was cool to hang out at the musician's house whose Dad encouraged such anti-society behavior LOL) He was right in my case. However, I now spend my money on music and that is alright by me. As long as they keep puttin' out vinyl, I will keep right on buyin' it all. And reading the info and credits as I always have.

Yeah wish I had all that, I only have Forest Flowers

Hey Mike,

Found some 5th Dimension albums in excellent condition! You know how much I like that group! :D

I'm up north visiting family now. This Thursday and Friday a church that's a block away from my sister's house is having a rummage sale! Let's hope they have some nice albums! ;) Getting there early Thursday morning before it's picked over. ;)

Keep Spinning, Bro!
Steve.

Hey Mike,

Found some 5th Dimension albums in excellent condition! You know how much I like that group! :D

I'm up north visiting family now. This Thursday and Friday a church that's a block away from my sister's house is having a rummage sale! Let's hope they have some nice albums! ;) Getting there early Thursday morning before it's picked over. ;)

Keep Spinning, Bro!
Steve.

Those rummage sales have the potential for rare finds. However, if it is at a church, You may find more Stryper Vinyl than Black Sabbath or Lucifer's Friend. LOL Sorry, one never knows until they go through the stacks.

Back
Top Bottom