Vinyl only spin list

#SoundtrackSaturday

Various ‎– Suburbia (Original Soundtrack Recording)
Enigma Records ‎– E-1093, 1984

Cut by EMI (side 1) and Capitol (side 2)
Pressed at Rainbo

cJ686S.jpg

SjrzrV.jpg

I am starting off today with the last Peter Frampton that I have in my collection. I listen to at least one album a day that is in alphabetical order from my collection. I am, as stated, wrapping up the line of my Peter Frampton Albums. Why do I listen to one a day in alphabetical order? That is a very good question. It is because I am creating a spread sheet that contains fundamental facts about the albums (remember I go by Encyc(lopedia Brown due to my useless knowledge of rock facts LOL). I am attaching the classic pic of the featured LP and some of the spreadsheet in progress. I call these daily spins on this project the "blue plate special of the day" LP. Blue Plate Special of the Day.JPG
upload_2018-6-2_11-59-41.png
upload_2018-6-2_12-0-24.png
upload_2018-6-2_12-0-56.png
upload_2018-6-2_12-1-38.png
I pretty much list the artist & title, then the release date, then the producers, engineers, recording studios, catalog #, date of recording, price of album if listed on the spine like they have in the early 70's and then who mastered the album. I get the info from the album jacket and then I use Wiki for the specific album to get some more details. This is all part of the "vinyl hobby" . I have on overall plan with it. I didn't have the computer resource back in the 70's so it adds a nice modern twist to having a bit more fun with it all! It is a great way to finally catalog my vinyl collection. I also have fun with using the "filter" function. If I want to see what albums were all recorded at the same studio, I can simply filter down to the studios and then check that out. Etc. Etc. The 5 hour road trip went great yesterday. I think the service technician was pretty happy seeing all those vintage components. Not for the sounds of $ , but I think he genuinely has a passion for it all, just what I need. He told me he would preference if I send him a tape I have recorded on the decks so he has a point of reference. I didn't think about that. Unfortunately I really don't have any as I had just bought the decks via e-bay (see my tape room thread for all that story) But I do have one Maxell UDXL II I recorded on the Pioneer CT-F700 that came out fabulous. I will send him that one. It was my 1978 MFSL copy of Judas Priest Stain Class. Now remember, this service tech is in his 70's . I wonder what he'll think when he pops that metal album it! LOL. Darn, I am almost 60, so he may just want to rock out to it like I do! Getting in my Blue Plate Special Album listening early today as it is Saturday. That will free the day and night for whatever selection I want to hear from that point. Rock on Vinyl Lovers!

I am starting off today with the last Peter Frampton that I have in my collection. I listen to at least one album a day that is in alphabetical order from my collection. I am, as stated, wrapping up the line of my Peter Frampton Albums. Why do I listen to one a day in alphabetical order? That is a very good question. It is because I am creating a spread sheet that contains fundamental facts about the albums (remember I go by Encyc(lopedia Brown due to my useless knowledge of rock facts LOL). I am attaching the classic pic of the featured LP and some of the spreadsheet in progress. I call these daily spins on this project the "blue plate special of the day" LP. View attachment 1202292
View attachment 1202293
View attachment 1202295
View attachment 1202296
View attachment 1202297
I pretty much list the artist & title, then the release date, then the producers, engineers, recording studios, catalog #, date of recording, price of album if listed on the spine like they have in the early 70's and then who mastered the album. I get the info from the album jacket and then I use Wiki for the specific album to get some more details. This is all part of the "vinyl hobby" . I have on overall plan with it. I didn't have the computer resource back in the 70's so it adds a nice modern twist to having a bit more fun with it all! It is a great way to finally catalog my vinyl collection. I also have fun with using the "filter" function. If I want to see what albums were all recorded at the same studio, I can simply filter down to the studios and then check that out. Etc. Etc. The 5 hour road trip went great yesterday. I think the service technician was pretty happy seeing all those vintage components. Not for the sounds of $ , but I think he genuinely has a passion for it all, just what I need. He told me he would preference if I send him a tape I have recorded on the decks so he has a point of reference. I didn't think about that. Unfortunately I really don't have any as I had just bought the decks via e-bay (see my tape room thread for all that story) But I do have one Maxell UDXL II I recorded on the Pioneer CT-F700 that came out fabulous. I will send him that one. It was my 1978 MFSL copy of Judas Priest Stain Class. Now remember, this service tech is in his 70's . I wonder what he'll think when he pops that metal album it! LOL. Darn, I am almost 60, so he may just want to rock out to it like I do! Getting in my Blue Plate Special Album listening early today as it is Saturday. That will free the day and night for whatever selection I want to hear from that point. Rock on Vinyl Lovers!
Nice! Cool when you can add a new twist to your hobby.

#SoundtrackSaturday

Led Zeppelin ‎– The Soundtrack From The Film The Song Remains The Same
Swan Song ‎– SS 2-201, 1976

Pressed at Monarch

4tKA3q.jpg

5aa1Ba.jpg

Sweet Choice LeeVing,
This is such a great album. We all know Jimmy Page was incredible in the studio with is multi-guitar recording approach. Yet, this album clearly shows that the Zep could make it all sound so good when they played it live! Outstanding choice to jam to on this Saturday.

#SoundtrackSaturday

Manfred Hübler & Siegfried Schwab ‎– Vampyros Lesbos Sexadelic Dance Party
Crippled Dick Hot Wax! ‎– cdhw102, 1995/2006

Combines tracks from Psychedelic Dance Party and Sexedelic. Consists of film music of three Franco films: Vampyros Lesbos, She Killed in Ecstay and The Devil Came from Akasava.
If you have the Jackie Brown S/T, you've heard at least 1 track.

Cut by Christa Brüggemann at SST

AzNUzG.jpg

xz43er.jpg

Recycling another one.

38999470164_1c000976b1.jpg

Edit: For anyone that may be curious, this is what the collection looks like as of a few days ago.

41492442195_6bc5557e7a.jpg
I love the way waynec states this collection is "as of a few days ago". This hints it could have grown considerably once again in just those 3 days. I could see that happening. This is visually stunning and I am sure even better on the ears.

I love the way waynec states this collection is "as of a few days ago". This hints it could have grown considerably once again in just those 3 days. I could see that happening. This is visually stunning and I am sure even better on the ears.

I got a good laugh out of that. Thanks!

What I actually meant was, "this is what it looks like now, for anyone that may have seen earlier pictures, like from 2-3 or more years ago." :jump:

Although, I have to say, I do add vinyl way more quickly than is sane. :music: :banana:

LOL Ya, I really knew what you meant, but I could not resist. It really is a serious collection and I love that people out there see it as such. Someone has to keep this stuff alive. Tangent here a bit. But I had to rent a car recently and it was the company that picks ya up and gives ya a ride after you turn it in. The guy working there, helping me out, was probably in his late 20's. We got talking about music and he states he spins vinyl every night while doing his graduate work studies. I smiled and asked him point blank how he got into vinyl so intense at a young age. He answered that his Uncle had passed and left him all his audio equipment and vinyl. Wow! I thought. The dude actually respected his uncle enough to keep the collection, use it and enjoy it. I am sure the Uncle would be smiling. I think that is so cool that he discovered vinyl in via an unconventional path, but power to him for joining the vinyl world! I, unfortunately, see it quite different for me. When I go, my nieces and nephews will all e-bay my vintage gear (filter it right back where it came from) and sell my albums one by one on e-Bay LOL. There is not a one within my 6 nieces and nephews that have a passion for music. I KNOW they will sell off anything I leave them. Even my guitars. So now you all know the real reason I post pics of my albums as I spin them. If you cats ever see my vinyl up for sale on e-bay after I go, grab it up. I would rather cats like you all get it cause I know you would actually spin it on a turntable. That is where they are meant to be in my opinion.

Last edited:
LOL Ya, I really knew what you meant, but I could not resist. It really is a serious collection and I love that people out there see it as such. Someone has to keep this stuff alive. Tangent here a bit. But I had to rent a car recently and it was the company that picks ya up and gives ya a ride after you turn it in. The guy working there, helping me out, was probably in his late 20's. We got talking about music and he states he spins vinyl every night while doing his graduate work studies. I smiled and asked him point blank how he got into vinyl so intense at a young age. He answered that his Uncle had passed and left him all his audio equipment and vinyl. Wow! I thought. The dude actually respected his uncle enough to keep the collection, use it and enjoy it. I am sure the Uncle would be smiling. I think that is so cool that he discovered vinyl in via an unconventional path, but power to him for joining the vinyl world! I, unfortunately, see it quite different for me. When I go, my nieces and nephews will all e-bay my vintage gear (filter it right back where it came from) and sell my albums one by one on e-Bay LOL. There is not a one within my 6 nieces and nephews that have a passion for music. I KNOW they will sell off anything I leave them. Even my guitars. So now you all know the real reason I post pics of my albums as I spin them. If you cats ever see my vinyl up for sale on e-bay after I go, grab it up. I would rather cats like you all get it cause I know you would actually spin it on a turntable. That is where they are meant to be in my opinion.

Yeah, I figured you knew; was still funny!

I'm hoping that one or the other (maybe both) of my younger daughters will take up our vinyl when the wife and I are gone. I may collect, but I know that there is no way that the kids could get any kind of real value for it. We don't have anything worth *that* much. Just a lot of it. And I call them kids; our five range from 19 to 27 now, but they will always be "the kids".

Back
Top Bottom