Vinyl only spin list

Local store had this bootleg in the wrong sleeve...usually they are really good at checking things out and I never have to look...even for grading purposes.

Pere Ubu ‎– Don't Expect Art
The Impossible Recordworks ‎– IMP 1-07, 1980

Same recording released a year earlier as a semi-approved bootleg, The U-Men ‎– X-Mas Concert At Interstate Mall / Live At Club Wow

1qEnHg.jpg

b5ogPK.jpg

Ben Howard ‎– Noonday Dream
Island Records ‎– 6748945, 2018

Limited Edition with a single sided 7"

Cut by Barry "Bazza" Grint at Alchemy Mastering
Pressed at MPO

udM8VG.jpg

WjWyQd.jpg

fuzzy out of all the posts i see on all the threads round here yours is the record collection i would love to spend a few days (prob weeks) flicking though the most,the virtual cap is doffed :)
View attachment 1228420

Thanks Bud! There are a lot of amazing collections posted in these threads. I am just glad to be able to contribute to that tradition to the extent I can.

Edit: Also thanks to the great purge of ‘18, I went from about 3500 LPs to around 2200. Once I finish moving the media around I will post up the ones that didn’t get voted off the island.

Another cheap bootleg I picked up last night...I knew what I was buying for this one.

Gentle Giant ‎– Playing The Foole
The Amazing Kornyfone Record Label ‎– TAKRL 1943, 1975

Most people believe this is really a live-in-the-studio performance rather than the "Recorded on stage in January 1975 at the Utland Communicable Concourse" stated on the release.

Gentle Giant didn't mind this bootleg release and then named their own live release as Playing The Fool

DUqgpx.jpg

J17HQB.jpg

Yes...I bought this again....Yes, it's the 3rd pressing I bought this year. The recent reissue was better than the mid 80's German/European pressing, but this original UK sounds REALLY good. I'll A/B it against the new pressing sometime.
After never seeing this in the bins and going to Discogs for the German/European reissue this got a new remaster and I found this original at the local store.

Eurythmics ‎– In The Garden
RCA ‎– RCALP 5061, 1981

Cut at Town House
Pressed at EMI, A - 1U// B - 1U

GTPbmt.jpg

12e8g4.jpg

Thanks Bud! There are a lot of amazing collections posted in these threads. I am just glad to be able to contribute to that tradition to the extent I can.

Edit: Also thanks to the great purge of ‘18, I went from about 3500 LPs to around 2200. Once I finish moving the media around I will post up the ones that didn’t get voted off the island.
Why the cull? Make space?

Why the cull? Make space?

Yep and I decided it was time to turn the corner. I was picking up lots of stuff to trade in/sell to finance this hobby. I’m happy for now with the gear I have and honestly don’t want to put the time and money (edit: effort), into flipping LPs atm. Too much going on already to make the time for it. So things got donated and/or traded in for one last binge buy at my local record store.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom