Vinyl only spin list

42928961545_7c1a509a8e_o.jpg

Extraterrestrial Live

Blue Öyster Cult

1982 Columbia KG 37946

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

Last edited:
The 1968 album by the Beatles that was commonly known as the White Album, because the jacket was completely white, was actually titled The Beatles. This title was embossed on the jacket but being all white itself was barely visible. Later issues had black lettering I believe.

Speculation about the meaning (and speculation about meaning was a cottage industry in the late 1960s) included that it represented a glassine envelope of heroin. This idea was boosted by McCartney’s cut Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey with very suggestive lyrics like ‘The deeper you go the higher you fly’. As was rumored at the time and later confirmed, fellow Beatle John Lennon and his wife to be Yoko Ono became addicted to heroin in 1968.

The 1968 album by the Beatles that was commonly known as the White Album, because the jacket was completely white, was actually titled The Beatles. This title was embossed on the jacket but being all white itself was barely visible. Later issues had black lettering I believe.

Speculation about the meaning (and speculation about meaning was a cottage industry in the late 1960s) included that it represented a glassine envelope of heroin. This idea was boosted by McCartney’s cut Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me and My Monkey with very suggestive lyrics like ‘The deeper you go the higher you fly’. As was rumored at the time and later confirmed, fellow Beatle John Lennon and his wife to be Yoko Ono became addicted to heroin in 1968.

Ah, yes. The Pre-Fab Four. I remember them well.

Back
Top Bottom