Vinyl only spin list

Happy New Year Everyone!

The Three Dog Night ~ Golden Biscuits
Dunhill, 1971

Three_Dog_Night,_Golden_Biquits.jpg
Happy New Year to you and Cactus Jan!

Spinning this on NYE is a tradition here!

The Rolling Stones ~ Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!
London, 1970

Rolling%20Stones%20Get%20Your%20Ya%20Yas%20Out.jpg

I remember the big brouhaha about how Jagger changed the lyrics of Stray Cat Blues in concert. The Beggar's Banquet album version had "I can see that you're fifteen years old, but I don't want your ID" about the girl he was inviting upstairs. Nobody but Stones fans knew about that. But when he changed it to "thirteen years old" in concert, with "thirteen" emphasized loudly, suddenly all the 'more righteous than thou' old maids (of both genders and all ages) heard about it and screamed to the high heavens about how evil and satanic rock and roll was. And of course they were right. That's why we loved it back in 1969. :)

I remember the big brouhaha about how Jagger changed the lyrics of Stray Cat Blues in concert. The Beggar's Banquet album version had "I can see that you're fifteen years old, but I don't want your ID" about the girl he was inviting upstairs. Nobody but Stones fans knew about that. But when he changed it to "thirteen years old" in concert, with "thirteen" emphasized loudly, suddenly all the 'more righteous than thou' old maids (of both genders and all ages) heard about it and screamed to the high heavens about how evil and satanic rock and roll was. And of course they were right. That's why we loved it back in 1969. :)

Excellent, you nailed it . . . enjoyed that! :beerchug:

Beatles
Let It Be
IMG_1392.JPG
2012 EMI on Apple label stereo reissue

Attn Parman : John Lennon also said
" Time wounds all heels."
I believe he was responding to a question about what he felt about the
FBI (the lunatic Hoover ) and the Marijuana / deportation thang &c.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom