Vinyl only spin list

So this is just the first part. All of the first image and the first paragraph of the second image, so just over half of the first column. I'll post more tomorrow. Reading this, remember that the record was put out in 1988. Even this much so far is fairly fascinating. I knew that Page had done session work, but not Jones.

-----

It can be assumed that, having named their group Led Zeppelin, that is "Lead dirigible", the musicians of the organization had not counted on their rapid ascent to fame. But fate had other plans. At the end of the 60s, and to this day, Led Zeppelin was considered one of the most original and interesting groups in the world and their songs became classics.

The second half of the 60s, especially the end of the decade, was an interesting period in British Rock. Even now it is difficult to track how many different styles and directions of modern music were born at that time. Both Muddy Waters, who first played the blues on electric guitar at the end of the 50s and could hardly imagine the appearance and enormous popularity of white blues in the next decade, and the musicians, who generously planted experimental seeds in the fertile soil of the end of 60s, could not predict the fruit that would be borne through the next ten and even twenty years.

One of those groups, whose influence is felt even today in the widest range of genres of music, became "Led Zeppelin".

The ensemble was organized in October 1968 by four musicians who were rather well-known at that time. Guitarist Jimmy Page (real name James Patrick Page) was born in 1944. He learned how to play guitar by copying, note for note, James Burton's solos on Ricky Nelson's records and passages by Scotty Moore on early records by Elvis Presley. He worked as a session musician for several years, not attached to any group. Soon he was already famous as an outstanding guitarist; such artists as Tom Jones, Donovan, Jeff Beck, George Fame, The Rolling Stones, Herman's Hermits, The Who, The Kinks, Them, and The Pretty Things were using his services. He also tried his hand as a composer and producer; in these roles he worked with Eric Clapton, John Mayall, and Nico.

In 1966, he was invited to join the group The Yardbirds as a rhythm guitarist. However, he soon became second lead guitarist (first lead guitarist was Jeff Beck).

John Paul Jones (real name John Baldwin) was born in 1946. Like Page, he worked a lot as a studio session player, with Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, Dusty Springfield, Shirley Bassey, Herman's Hermits, and Donovan, sometimes playing keyboards, sometimes arranging, but most often as a bassist. While working on Donovan's Hurdy Gurdy Man, Page and Jones first talked about the possibility of creating their own group.
Outstanding @waynec ! Thanks for making the tranlation effort. Lots of info posted on the back of that record. Reminds me of older records from the '60 - '70 that wrote a whole story on the back of a record.

The Skull - For Those Which Are Asleep
2014 Tee Pee Records TPE-170-2

https://newnoisemagazine.com/album-review-skull-for-asleep/
001.jpg

Madeleine Peyroux - Careless Love Rounder Records 2004/2015 vinyl reissue. My friend Falk posted this in a few of our Vinyl FB groups. The cover photo really grabbed me and loving female vocalists I went straight away and bought it! Fantastic album! Thanks bro!

P1010001-14-800.jpg

Outstanding @waynec ! Thanks for making the tranlation effort. Lots of info posted on the back of that record. Reminds me of older records from the '60 - '70 that wrote a whole story on the back of a record.

I'll try to post the rest of it this weekend. Just haven't had any time to finish it the last couple of nights. I'm curious what it says too!

Back
Top Bottom