VinylDavid's mother passed away! Prayers and condolences thread!

Discussion in 'General Off Topic Forums' started by KentTeffeteller, Jan 10, 2018.

1. BigElCat

BigElCat Mmm Hmm Subscriber

Condolences.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. DrumminDaddy

DrumminDaddy Hit it, Baby !!

Thought and prayers to you and yours.

3. ZebraBlvd

ZebraBlvd AK Subscriber Subscriber

David, I remember when you 1st joined our little community. And your posts about your procurement's of gear that you stashed\setup in your bedroom, with your Mom's approval. That said, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May you and yours find peace as time goes along. I, along with many others here, know what you must be going through. Be strong my friend.

4. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr Omelette au Fromage Subscriber

Just came across this, so sorry to hear, David. Thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones.

5. bshorey

bshorey Super Member

:(

My sincere condolences David.

bs

6. jaymanaa

jaymanaa RIP 1961-2018

Very nice tribute David, and I'm very sorry you had to lose your Mother while you are so young. I lost mine at 15, and it definitely affects your life, a guy needs his Mom. All I can say is do your best to make Her proud, because she is still watching over you.

toxcrusadr, John James and 4-2-7 like this.

7. mech986

mech986 This Custom Title box has a 50 character limit. Subscriber

David, how have you been holding up this year? My Father-in-law passed away in May but he lived an extraordinary 95 years so very different from losing your mother when you're young. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

ETLS and Ballylongford like this.
  8. bobins08

bobins08 Loving the dream Subscriber

I just stumbled into this thread.

David,

I was at your house back in 2011 or 2012, I can’t remember exactly. Please recall that I bought a non-working DH 110 from you because I wanted the case to house my Musical Conccepts PasPro preamplifier project. I’m still using that preamp btw, John has helped me with a few more upgrades, it’s a lovely piece of gear.

I clearly remember meeting your mother that evening and having a nice conversation with her. Since I am so much older than you I felt the need to introduce myself in detail and we talked. I could tell she had great confidence in you and your judgement. I was probably one of several audio nerds that came by.

I read your wonderful. tribute. My impression was that she was an engaging and impactful woman indeed. I too lost my mother at the age of 25 so I know some of what you feel.

Wishing you well in your future endeavors and If you ever need to talk you can reach out to me.

Take care,

Bob

mech986 likes this.
  9. Shadowdog

Shadowdog Super Member

I just found this and am so sorry as I know how you feel as my Mom passed just over a year before yours did.

Hope your recovering well and everything is ok!

10. KingBubba

KingBubba "Too Much Stuff" Subscriber

We here in the Florida are saddened by you loss. Your Mom brought one heck of a good kid. I have always enjoyed your posts and your cars. ;)

11. vinyldavid

vinyldavid Proud Jaguar Owner! Subscriber

Well, to be perfectly frank, my last year hasn’t been terrible. I got replaced at the only job I ever wanted, and have been getting audio gigs where I can and selling off gear to stay alive.

Next month I’ll have to start looking for a real job. I’ve been mired in depressing over everything that’s transpired, regained the 40lbs I’ve lost, and made little to no progress on anything I wanted to do.

One bright spot is that I have the support of an awesome girlfriend, a great father (though I’ve seen him twice in a decade), and a few close friends rooting for me.

Them’s the shakes.

12. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr Omelette au Fromage Subscriber

You have a lot of friends at AK rooting for you too man.

Here's hoping 2019 brings you some outstanding blessings and success. :thumbsup:

13. Marine0811

Marine0811 I love it loud! Subscriber

Hopefully better things are coming your way.