I been watching Norsemen - I've seen what its all about!! jk ;)

incredible sightseeing indeed. Driving around during vacation 4 years ago, a nice boat caught my attention.

Inspired by the past, I think. It was at some wood traders place it seemed, but as there were plastified signs how to handle the wood, maybe it also was a place where hobbyists are busy keeping a traditional way of boat building alive or it was some educational thing.

It was in the weekend so unfortunately nobody was around to ask. This was in Hoyanger area.
(Some boat in the Oslo viking museum did not look that different...)

boot1.JPG boot2.JPG

Last edited:
I've been giving thought to travelling north, to Sweden, in part to visit the grave of a dear friend who died (young) a couple of years ago. He's buried in Stockholm.

Instead of flying to Stockholm, perhaps I should give thought to driving to Sweden and, after visitig Patrick's grave, continue on over to Oslo and take in a bit of Norway?

incredible sightseeing indeed. Driving around during vacation 4 years ago, a nice boat caught my attention.

Inspired by the past, I think. It was at some wood traders place it seemed, but as there were plastified signs how to handle the wood, maybe it also was a place where hobbyists are busy keeping a traditional way of boat building alive or it was some educational thing.

It was in the weekend so unfortunately nobody was around to ask. This was in Hoyanger area.
(Some boat in the Oslo viking museum did not look that different...)

View attachment 1050872 View attachment 1050873
Still some wood boat builders left in norway, I don't know any personally, but here is a link to one still making boats the way vikings did.
http://ulf.no/

Back
Top Bottom