VPI Turntable Owners Thread

hello!
new VPI Prime Scout owner here :)

anyone know the difference between the pointy feet on the Scout vs the newer, flatter feet on the Prime Scout?
reason i ask is because my model is all the Prime Scout parts but on the rectangular Scout plinth which i bought at Music Direct. another customer bought the same set up and he had the flat feet. i'm just wondering if there are sonic improvements on the newer style. i'm assuming there must be an advantage since it replaced the pointy feet.

thanks in advance.

russ

Also built my own dustcover for a Scout I obtained a few months ago. All parts (except the wood board) including the plexi came from ACE hardware. Also spent about $80 except for the Weldon solvent kit that I already had. IMG_0168(2).JPG

Hello VPI people, I was looking for information on the Prime and came across this thread. But it doesn't look like there are actually any Prime owners in this thread.

Oh well, I ordered one anyways so there will be at least one Prime owner in this thread in a few weeks lol

Hello VPI people, I was looking for information on the Prime and came across this thread. But it doesn't look like there are actually any Prime owners in this thread.

Oh well, I ordered one anyways so there will be at least one Prime owner in this thread in a few weeks lol

Other Prime owners here, Congrats! Are you replacing the VN Thorens with the VPI or is it an addition?

thanks dosley, this will be a replacement, my nephew was looking to upgrade so i sold him the VN Thorens and I went VPI. The Thorens is a great table but I'm thinking the Prime should be at another level.

thanks dosley, this will be a replacement, my nephew was looking to upgrade so i sold him the VN Thorens and I went VPI. The Thorens is a great table but I'm thinking the Prime should be at another level.

Yes, it actually is. Amazing table and arm.

Funny thing is I never actually got a Prime, I was one of the unlucky ones caught up in the SoundStageDirect saga. But I did end up finding a beautiful VPI Classic from a local dealer and I couldn't be happier !!!

DSC_4850.jpg

I finally replaced the drive belt on my Scout with silk thread like Harry says to. He's right. Another sonic upgrade

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom