VSX-5700 any good?

Harold

Can't find any references to this unit here or elsewhere. Bought it new about 1991 as early Pro-logic HT receiver. Has 105 WPC @8 ohms, 2 channel. center & rear have 25 wpc each. Used it for about 10 years, but have since taken it out of current system, replaced with Luxman R-1120, then Luxman R-117 to noticeable improvement. Greater depth, warmth, clarity, staging, timbral accuracy. Presently I'm more interested in upgrading quality of 2 channel sound than any HT functions.

Any thoughts on the sound quality of this unit? I know this era equip. is held in less favor than earlier "vintage" units. To be honest, I'm curious about the following Pioneer equip has here. I'm not all that impressed with the sound of this unit, especially after replacing it with the receivers mentioned above. Is the earlier Pioneer equip considerably better sounding than this unit is? Is it worth hanging onto? It has preamp-out and amp-in jacks. Would it be worth using to power rear channels with outboard surround processor? Thanks for reading and sharing opinions.

Any thoughts on the sound quality of this unit?
I'm not all that impressed with the sound of this unit, especially after replacing it with the receivers mentioned above.
Looks like your doing a pretty fair job of answering your own question. :)

Would it be worth using to power rear channels with outboard surround processor?
It would be worth hanging on to for TV sound.. but for just music..nah.

Back
Top Bottom