VTA M125 from Bob Latino

MoTeD

Who cares
Does anybody out there have experience with this amp. I just purchased 4 and want to know what you think and what I can expect. There are no other mono blocks with this power rating on the market for this price, tell me what you know.

I'd have probably asked the questions before I bought four(!) of them, but I've heard nothing but positive feedback about 'em.

My two gripes are:

1. Having the option to plug in a tube rectifier is ridiculous as it is so overloaded.

2. It needs a bias adjustment for each tube. I built some what I called "M70" monoblocks using 4 EL34's per amp getting 70 watts rms out. I modified the driver board to utilize 4 adjustment pots, one for each output tube, pics attached. Awhile back as an exercise, I created a pcb that fit the original spot with these mods. Never went further though.

M70 amp (4).JPG M70 amp (1).JPG M70 amp.JPG

Does anybody out there have experience with this amp. I just purchased 4 and want to know what you think and what I can expect. There are no other mono blocks with this power rating on the market for this price, tell me what you know.

With these you have the option of a tube rectifier or a Weber Copper top solid state rectifier. Takes 30 seconds to switch. It is also about a 2-minute operation to adjust the bias individually. I don't think these options are an inconvenience. Also, in addition to the excellent performance of my Latino VTA, the satisfaction of building my own amplifier is, as they say, "priceless!"

With these you have the option of a tube rectifier or a Weber Copper top solid state rectifier. Takes 30 seconds to switch. It is also about a 2-minute operation to adjust the bias individually. I don't think these options are an inconvenience. Also, in addition to the excellent performance of my Latino VTA, the satisfaction of building my own amplifier is, as they say, "priceless!"
Agreed 100% I've been running tube rectifiers for years. And you bias 2 tubes at a time.

Never have had an issue with my m125's pushing my 803diamonds with just two output tubes.
The sound I am listening to is "sublime"

I just grabbed a pair off BarterTown...really enjoying them. Sold my MC275 once I got these....

Did you buy them as kits or already built? Buying 4 must have made Bob Latino's day. :)

I bought them wired and tested and am awaiting the tracking info. I agree it was a hefty purchase but he was willing to work with me on the total cost. It was a pleasure doing business with.

Agreed 100% I've been running tube rectifiers for years. And you bias 2 tubes at a time.

I may need help with this as I am a newbie when it comes to tubes.

Never have had an issue with my m125's pushing my 803diamonds with just two output tubes.
The sound I am listening to is "sublime"

I will be driving my JBL 250Ti's bi amped with these. Hope I don't pop a tweeter.

Congrats!!

Thank you.

I just grabbed a pair off BarterTown...really enjoying them. Sold my MC275 once I got these....

Helps to offset the cost when you have something to sell afterwards. Thing is, I don't have much to sell. I buy things to keep them, maybe one day I will have a inventory to drop and make a mint, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

While it was nice to recoup the money from the MC275 sale, the reason I sold it was because the M-125s were a better match with my system. They are fantastic amps!

Back
Top Bottom