VTI Audio Rack

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews & Opinions' started by Wardsweb, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Behind The Curtain Staff Member Admin

I just got this VTI BL304 rack and set it up to determine the layout before we move to the new house. It really is a nice piece. The legs and shelf supports are all powder coated steel. I was concerned about how stable it would be and how it would handle such weight on the top, but my fears were unwarranted. This thing is rock solid and seems to have no issue holding the turntable and sandbox.

I'll post a new picture once I have it setup in the new house. The amps will be set on the floor along the sides of the rack. Each has its own acrylic isolation stand.

[​IMG]

Please register to disable this ad.

2. MrZero63

MrZero63 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hey Wardsweb!

Looks awful nice! :yes:

I've also been happy with my VTI, a BL503. But it came with 3 tiers (2", 9" and 7"), so I ordered another 9" tier and it was a big PITA to fit it! I had to bend two legs ever so slightly to align with the other tier - but I did it (and scratched the bottom tier in the process). I wish I had ordered them all together when they were made in the same lot (I waited a year since I then acquired more equipment...).

I enjoy the look and the spiked feet/flat cap option. It was worth it!

-Dave

3. ozmoid

ozmoid Lunatic Member

I also have a VTI, very nice. Of course, your gear would make an apple crate look good. :music:

4. prisoners

prisoners AK Subscriber Subscriber

beautiful!

5. BaggedLancer

BaggedLancer Well-Known Member

Great looking rack! I almost went with the VTI but ended up getting a deal on a Lovan Sovereign HIFI rack with the 10" risers and maple shelves that I couldn't pass up. Did you ever think of going 2x2 instead of 5x1 or 4x1 like what I posted in the listening space thread? You could put your TT and CDP on the top racks....might work out a bit better. The most important thing is the effect on imaging it has by changing down to 2x2.

6. Wardsweb

Wardsweb Behind The Curtain Staff Member Admin

I did, as my gear has always been a side by side layout. To get the height I want on the turntable, it almost mandates I go single rack.

7. onepixel

onepixel .

Beautiful rack! I've always wanted a set of those.

8. 6thumbs

6thumbs AK Member

I use a VTI 4 Tier Rack for my system,,good looking and very solid

9. cfranz

cfranz That's my boy

OK. I've seen Wardsweb's very nice system a couple of times now. I think I'm going to avoid the rush and hate him now. :tears: :D

10. Mchaz

Mchaz Outputs roasting on an...

I'm a big fan of the aesthetics of the VTI spiked racks. The price isn't bad either. :thmbsp:

Great looking system, as always, Wardsweb.

11. Gohan

Gohan Super Saiyan

Looks awesome!

Gohan

12. Face

Face BROKEN

I liked everything better on the table.

13. mboldda1

mboldda1 Member

hello wardsweb, what made you pick the bl-304 over the bl-404?
    i picked the bl-404 because you can either go straight up stack or be creative with: see attached pic.

Attached Files:

14. McNoobie

McNoobie New Member

I just received a VTI BL404-13 today and assembled it. While it looks and feels really good, not all of the spikes line up with the holes in the level below it, and I can also imagine someone trying to move the rack by grabbing a leg and pulling, causing the whole thing to come crashing down on top of my McIntosh power amp at the bottom. It is beautiful and heavy duty, and for $344, beats the SolidSteel brand who wants $6000 for theirs, although I'm sure the SS one has to be more stable than this one. I have already had one level collapse while I was fiddling with it to align the spikes, and I also scratched some of the surfaces below the spikes, but not too badly. I'd still rather pay $344 than $6000.

Attached Files: