w00t! Got me an Eight Deluxe!

dB_

My call into the void were answered by a friend of mine in Auckland who just bought a complete system (one little old lady owner since new, honest) including a Snasui Eight Deluxe receiver inperfect condition.

Any info on these machines guys? are they reliable, sound nice etc? I'm buying anyway, but would like an idea of what I'm getting myself into.

Most importantly, are they big and imposing? I like an amp that is huge and scary.

From the s/n in the back, yours is a March '74 unit. I have a Model Eight (non deluxe, just regular Eight), you can check for some previous Info in the Archived messages. An interesting feature is how the whole tuner display goes off when you switch the function selector to a non-radio function. Yours is off in the photo though the selector is set to AM because you dont have the power cord plugged in. I presume the Eight Deluxe also has a detachable ac power cord like the Eight? I dunno why Sansui did this on these models, those detachable cords have a knack for getting lost and its now difficult to find the correct size replacement that fits into the socket in the back of the Eight.

B/F

Back
Top Bottom