W20 monoblock help

tuffstuff1

I was thinking about getting these and restoring them but don't have any experience and was wondering if the experts could show me where to start. I was thinking maybe a capacitor or two. :).

20W restoration..jpg

I ran across that listing several days ago. I found it pretty laughable. Those units are not worth even a moments thought on attempting to fix them up or salvage any parts. The person that listed them on the auction site would have better used their time depositing them into a trash can. No one will buy them.

Saw that as well several days ago ... nothing even salvageable there.

Frank - a simple re-cap is all that’s needed!

Well, hey, the tubes might still be good...

I found a balloon tube from the 20s in cinder fill excavated from an old railyard. Still intact but with a loose base. It's in the to-do pile but I would not be surprised if that tube still works.

It looks like at least two of the tubes have released their vacuum to the world.

Here's the real question that has not been asked. How the hell does something like that, especially a McIntosh, end up in that horrible condition?

I think it was probably hurricane flood. It's a shame to see it because there aren't that many left out there and someone lost of their beloved gear.

Were those on ebay? I don't think I've ever seen anything that far gone before. Wait.....where is neevo? Have you seen what he's done on that C20 restoration?

BillWojo

Back
Top Bottom