Walter Becker has died

This is sad and shocking. His contribution to the music world is huge. He will be missed. R.I.P. Mr. Becker. :(

Aw man, so sorry to hear this. I always dug Steely Dan and I've been a big fan since I first heard them on the radio in '72-73, they were really doing something different and significant. Becker and Fagen were an amazing team, was hoping to see them on their next "album tour".

RIP Walter

Last edited:
Dang! One of my favorites who produced some of the best sounding recordings in the industry. Sad day.

Dang - so glad we caught them a couple years back at Nissan Pavilion/Grease Pit Live -
They did AJA and other hits and ran into Phil (BMWCCA) there as well ... Sad day!

Very sad news indeed! I think I wore out two copies of Aja back in the day. Pretzel Logic was my favorite album from them with the title track my favorite song. "He said you must be joking son, where did you get those shoes....................." classic!
RIP Walter, thanks for the music!

Last edited:
Such great talent and so glad it was recorded so we can forever hear the greatness created by this musician. R.I.P. Mr Becker

Rip, I been listening a lot to Walter's latest solo work and actually just took in Donald Flagen at Ruth Eckerd hall in Florida, great show heavy with Steely Dan songs.

The Royal Scam album just made them really take off and they where golden by then, the GH album introduced everyone to what they may have missed in the first albums. Now aja, everybody had that album, you couldn't walk in to your friend house without seeing it leaning against something because it was never put away.

Aja_album_cover.jpg 41uxj7FEz6L._SY355_.jpg Steely_Dan_-_Gaucho.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom