Want to Acquire a Decent HI-FI System for $750ish. Seeking advice!

Unless space is a big factor I strongly suggest going with bigger speakers as the speakers will determine the sound more than any other link in the system. I've yet to come across any bookshelf speakers that would leave me satisfied long-term.

I'm no audio expert like a lot of folks here, but I recently bought a new Denon DP300F turntable for $199 at Crutchfield. Man, this is a nice little table! Easy to set up, stock cartridge sounds great, automatic so all you have to do is hit "start", and it's covered under warranty. For someone getting back into audio (like me,) it's a really nice buy. And I have it hooked up to a new Yamaha integrated amp, the A S801. I think the 801 is actually a bit overkill for me. I could have gone with the 301 or 501 and been quite happy. Just my .02.

Unless space is a big factor I strongly suggest going with bigger speakers as the speakers will determine the sound more than any other link in the system. I've yet to come across any bookshelf speakers that would leave me satisfied long-term.

True that, and the Q700 can be found at reasonable prices, both used and at sale time.

Back
Top Bottom