1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by HKJDH, May 7, 2014.

1. HKJDH

HKJDH New Member

I plan to upgrade my KEF 104/2 speakers hooking up my MA7900 shortly and would like to know what brand of speakers are being used by our fellow members. Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  2. miketuason

miketuason Ferrari & McIntosh

I think my amps (MC 601) are a little over kill for my Vandersteen 2CE Sig II, 86db sensitivity, 40 to 140 watts only but man, does it sound like heaven. It's like listening to live music.

3. LotusFool

LotusFool Active Member

I was using Klipsch LaScalla, but moved up to Klipsch corner horns. Only 25 watts with the little MXC225, but big sound with the Khorns. I think it is 104db at 1 watt...

4. cnolanh

cnolanh Ad astra Subscriber

Vandersteen 2Ce driven by C33/MC2100. The beautiful sound inspires me to play record after record...

2017 EDIT: Now I've got an MC2150 in that system, and still loving these Vandies.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
    miketuason likes this.
  5. chef free

chef free AK Subscriber Subscriber

Infinity QLS1, they have very low sensitivity, 82db according to internet legend! My Terry fresh C30/MC2200 combo seems a bit underpowered. I'm wondering about Mac tubes for the top end.

6. Bobecca

Bobecca Member

JBL Cinema Screen Arrays powered by MC275 in mono only for the M/T. Before also with MC252 in stereo which has been substituted with an Crown MAi5000 for the M/T. Change in between them from time to time.

For the JBl 15" bass that goes togheter with the M/T is powered by a Crown MAi5000 in stereo and additional twin JBL 18" Subs for the the really lows also powered by a Crown MAi5000 in mono in and dual out

Sensitivity for the main speaker is 103dB. And Subs sensitivity is 97dB.

Sources are MCD500 and turntable SME10 via pre C2300.

The MC252 is still in the house own know by my brother:thmbsp:

:D

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  7. jdwk

jdwk AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have Infinity RS kappa 9 . the first series. I too think the MC 2500 amp is a little more than the kappa's need, but if you run these speakers on anything below what they need you either get a cooked amp or a sound that will make you wonder why people even like these speakers.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  8. motorstereo

motorstereo the wonder of it all Subscriber

My polk 1.2tl's and my MC2500 have been together now for 3 years and I couldn't be happier. No other combo I've owned over the years has lasted this long together.

9. sypw

sypw New Member

I just replace sonus faber cremona m with olympica III powered by mc452 and still in breaking in mode :)

10. MAC TED

MAC TED Super Member

I have B & W N805's hooked up to my MA7000. I'm using a Velodyne HGS-15 sub for the low end.

11. twiiii

twiiii Super Member

Bozak Concert Grands with Celestion super tweeters, tri amped with a MC207. Bozak Symphonies with Vifa super tweeters Bi amped with another 207, two Bozak 313's powered by 207, four Boson wall speakers powered by 207 and Stax and Signet earspeakers powered by a MC 2505. Just added some Sennheiser Momentums powered by my C-34 monitor amp, Mc2505, or my iMac.

sunrayjack12 likes this.
  12. vahe

vahe Well-Known Member

My main system is in an acoustically treated room,
    C15 preamp
    Two 2205’s
    JBL active crossover
    DIY JBL 4350 bi-amped studio monitors
    Rotel CDP and Oppo SACD players.

Vahe

Attached Files:

asilker and 04blackmaxx like this.
  13. truck99

truck99 Too much of everything is just enough Subscriber

Cornwalls

14. eedork

eedork AK Subscriber Subscriber

McIntosh MA6600 with Snell EIVs. This combination sounds excellent.

I also have a C32/MC2100 which I use with the Snells and a pair of JBL L166As. I prefer the Snells over the JBLs in both setups.

-Matt

15. gizzyman47

gizzyman47 Super Member

Running a pair of Sonus Faber Electa's with a MC252 amp and a C2200 pre-amp. A very musical combination!:yes:

16. MikeFlaherty

MikeFlaherty New Member

Very happy with MC60'S driving Ar3a's.....

17. capt.chaos

capt.chaos Super Member

Klipschorn's with a MA2275 and Cornwall's with a MA6600.

18. Flatwounds

Flatwounds AK Subscriber Subscriber

ADS L910 powered by mc2100 and C29.

19. gongli

gongli Musician + Audio Lover

I love my kef 104/2 ! You are gonna have to fork up pretty penny to top that one ...
    What's wrong with the sound now?

Besides those, I have B&W 803 nautilus, Paradigm studio 60, Jbl studio series (big 2 way), etc... but I keep coming back to the Kef !

Think wisely b4 spending a lot on speakers. What are other gears you are mating them with? Perhaps that's where the weak link is...

20. Matte Grey

Matte Grey AK Subscriber Subscriber

Klipschorns driven by MA2275.

Cornwalls driven by C32 and MC2155.