Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

You guys are wonderful and helpful. There were more than 20 replies in less than 24 hours!

I will audition some suggestions to make up my mind. No one uses Tannoy?

@Gongli, I love KEF too. My KEFs are dying as the donuts and diaphragms are wearing out. They are more than 20 years old and I want to try sounds from other brands. I change to play CAS music and am going to order the Marantz NA-11S1. BTW, I love your name - a famous Chinese actress!

Last edited:
Klipschhorn. La Scala and Corn wall guys if Mac came out with 100 watt Quad balanced amp, would you all up grade to a C2500 or C 48 and the hypothetical amp?

Klipschhorn. La Scala and Corn wall guys if Mac came out with 100 watt Quad balanced amp, would you all up grade to a C2500 or C 48 and the hypothetical amp?

Depends is the amp tube or solid state? I like tubes with tubes and ss with ss. A lot of people like to mix tubes with solid state for preamp/amps. I am not one of those people.

Depends is the amp tube or solid state? I like tubes with tubes and ss with ss. A lot of people like to mix tubes with solid state for preamp/amps. I am not one of those people.

Never are an issue for me in combining tube pre with ss or tube amp.
At least when sticking to McIntoch.

I wonder if we'll ever see a stand-alone solid state Mcintosh amp <300 watts? The current product lineup seems to reflect a stance that lower power needs are best served with integrateds. There's probably something to that, but if there was a modern version of something like an MC202 or MC162 I'd buy it. Seems like it would be a good thing to pair with a D100 as a preamp.

Hallo!

I am running from McIntosh C48,

Output 1; to dbx260 in bi-amp mode to JBL PRX635 and PRX618S-XLF

Output 2; to dbxPA+ in Mono Bridged Mode 2xMC252 to JBL 4429

Sources; MT10, MCD201

Sounds great:music:

Back
Top Bottom