Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

klipsch kg3 with Crites titanium diaphragms and crossovers. Powered by a Dewickd MC225 & C11 pre. Sounds beautiful in my little living room.

I'm using Tannoy Windsor speakers: 12" low frequency driver with 10" high frequency dual concentric drivers. I also have an AMT1 Heil I use as a super tweeter that augments the Tannoy's.

Currently using a pair of ATC SCM19's with a SVS SB13 ultra subwoofer. Preamp is MX-119, and power amp is MC-7270. Sounds great!

I think my amps (MC 601) are a little over kill for my Vandersteen 2CE Sig II, 86db sensitivity, 40 to 140 watts only but man, does it sound like heaven. It's like listening to live music.

:thmbsp:

As for me, C28 with Mc2505 running Vandersteen 2CE, wonderful sound.

Last edited:
Topcat-

How do you like the RF-7's? I have the 82's and don't like them at all. I want to make a change but don't know which direction I want to go in.

Thanks.

Hi Snappahead!!
Sorry for the delayed response, but I've been away from the computer. To answer your question, I've only had the RF-7's for a couple of months and really love them. I chose the cherry finish and they're beautiful. I also love the sound I'm getting from them. I'm probably not well versed in describing the sound, but the music seems to be alive when I'm listening to them. I still love my JBLs, but wanted something a little more recent since I've had them since the early 70's. When I purchased the RF-7's, they went on sale the next day and the retailer was kind enough to give me the new price which was significant. About $600. Hope this helps. Cheers!!

C26 > MC2205 > Kef Concerto

I love this combination, especially since I put them on the 8 ohm taps.

I also have a spare MA6200 that I've used with my JBL L46s and I had a pair of Tannoy Stratfords that sounded phenomenal together with the MA6200!

Ran a pair of Sonus Faber Electa for a couple years after I purchased a MC252.
Sounded wonderful! In Feb of 2015 I purchased a pair of Emerald Physics 4.3 open baffle speakers.:thmbsp: As nice as the Sonus Fabers were, the Emerald Physics are the shitz! They don't quite have the "too die for midrange" that the Fabers do, but boy do they do everything else!
I'm running them full range still, so the sound should improve when I decide to bi-amp. Also, the tweeter can be upgraded, so there is another improvement path I can take later.
I don't look at new speakers anymore! I'm done!:music:

KLH Model Fives and JBL L100's, rotated. I like both coasts. :yes:

I'm currently trying out some Altec 846A Valencias on my MX110/MC225 after having Bozak B-3001s on there for a long time. These two have different qualities, but I also like both.

ADS L1530s on my MC2105, as seen in the sig. That's a powerful combo...

OK, I'll be the boring, non exotic audio guy here. MC2100 - C26 into McIntosh ML-10C's. Purchased new in 1977, still sound great and the cabinets look like new. I've been loyal and never tempted to stray.

2015-08-082018.28.56.jpg

Back
Top Bottom