Warning Novice! Replacement speakers for RS4000

Scartch

I have two RS4000 cabinets that are still in great shape. The spreakers are beyond foaming and I'd like to replace the midranges and woofers. Any suggestions for driver taht would fit?

Thanks

Welcome to AK,
this thread would get more responses if it you moved it to the Infinity forum. This first thing that I would suggest would be to contact Infinity to see if original replacements are still available or maybe look around for a set with trashed cabinets. I once replaced tweeters in a set of Celestions and had to rework the cabs a little, now I'm sorry that I did that.
Good luck

Are you sure the drivers are beyond refoaming? They'd have to be thoroughly trashed and with melted VCs to be beyond salvage.

Anyways, there is more information and a technical sheet on your RS-4000s here. Looks like you'll need to watch eBay for Woofer P/N #902-2666 and Midrange P/N #902-2652. The part numbers will be printed on the back of the driver on the magnet and should be easily seen in good, close-up pictures.

Looks like you might be in luck:
Woofers
Maybe repairable midranges if you use this refoam kit.

And, of course, welcome to AudioKarma!

- JP

Last edited:
Welcome to AK Scartch!

Pretty cool you post your first thread in our new (as of last night) Infinity forum!

Looks like JP has you all fixed up!

Thanks JP :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom