Was given a pair of Infinty RSe speakers.....

centsless

and they are in excellent shape. Never had a pair of Infinity's so excited to hear the emit tweeter. The foams were crusty so ordered new foams and will wait to play them when done. Are these woofers easy to do? And what is the impression of this 4 ohm bookshelf speaker? Thanks.

I think you will really like them once repaired. They are not toted in quite the regard as the Infinitesimal book shelf but blind head to head test I bet most would prefer the RSe (I own 3 pair of Infinitesimals...) great speakers enjoy!
Jim

Should be decent little speakers especially since they have the EMITs.
Surprised to see they are "rated" at 45Hz to 32kHz, seems low for that size woofer but that is a +/- 3db rating.
My first Infinitys were RSa's and I was happy with those.

Thanks for the opinions and look forward to hearing them. Is the woofers pretty simple to change? Have done many other speaker lines but no Infinitys.

If you've done other speakers I don't think these will be hard for you.
One thought, if the dust caps are attached using the "gold/orange" Infinity glue, it might be better to use a battery or test tone rather than removing the dust cap to shim.
Maybe someone with personal experience will add some insight.

Well....got the foams from Simply Speakers and was easy to do. Just sitting here listening to them after finishing yesterday....and these little guys are beasts!

My first time hearing an Infinity....and that Emit tweeter is superb. The woofer puts out plenty of bass....and quite frankly...shocked how nice these sound. The crossover was decent and the cabinet is filled with insulation. Who knew a little old 4 ohm speaker could fill this room so well...:) Best part.....free...20170616_174512.jpg

Good job. I found a pair of RS5b in a Goodwill and couldn't load them fast enough. Woofer foams were shot and no sound from mid and tweet but new foams and some Deoxit sorted them completely.

Reminds me, I still need to replace the terminal block on one of them, probably should do that!

Back
Top Bottom