Was this a fair price for Concept 3.5?

Yes, I thought that a bit high. Seems like an 11.0 goes for about 175-200 bucks, so why so much for a 3.5? Well, thats e-bay for ya! I see your in Lansing, Illinois? Were are almost neighbors as I live across the border in Hammond Indiana! :D

wow i wonder what my 5.5 will fetch once was TOTL before the 16.5 popped up and get two bidders like that HE HE HE seriously folks it sounds to damn goo to let go of

Just saw two Concept 11.0 in similier condition auctioned on E-bay, one sold for $227.00, and the other for 119.00! They both sold in the same day! Man, seems like if your patient you can really get a deal on E-pay once the "bottomless Pits" get their favorate toys! :D

There is no logic to eBay prices. . . I watch vintage gear. . .One in particular was a TX-9100 that I wanted badly. . .There were about 5 of them up at the same time and they appeared to be selling for around 175.250.00 so. . .There was one left. . .the best one. . .I backed away thinking how much the others sold for and to my surprise the last 9100 also the best with the best description, pictures etc. . .sold for 66.00 bucks. . .Go figure. . . .

Why someone goes to the mat for a dog and lets the good one get by is peculiar to me. . . I think it all depends on just how it strikes the potential buyer. . . .

That 3.5 looks exceptional and if as it looks and how it is described 150.00 is not a bad price for most any receiver of similiar quality and condition,. . . . Just because another higher level model sells cheaper means nothing unless you are the lucky winner. . . Also some sellers just get higher prices than others for whatever the reason. . .

EVERY auction needs to be judged on it's own merits not how much similiar models sold for. We all know the differences between receivers that are 30+ years old is a mile wide. . .It just depends. . . on the stars I guess and if you hold your mouth right. . .

Malanga- Good to know I've got an AK neighbor! If you happen to be looking for a receiver, let me know. I've got a few for sale including a Concept 3.5.

I had a chance to hear Glassmans 11.0 and I was certainly impressed. It was the first Concept I had heard. Everything they say about them is true.

cubdog

malanga said:
Just saw two Concept 11.0 in similier condition auctioned on E-bay, one sold for $227.00

If the 11.0 is anything like the 16.5, somebody got a deal getting it for some $230, expecially considering what that 3.5 sold for the day before.

Regards,

Njord Noatun said:
If the 11.0 is anything like the 16.5, somebody got a deal getting it for some $230, expecially considering what that 3.5 sold for the day before.

Regards,

Shucks, I'm still pinching myself over the Concept 11.0 I got for $25.00! :banana:

I guess the best thing to do on an E-bay auction is just bid the max your willing to pay and let the item go if it goes too high. Another one is bound to put up shortly. When you consider one bidder paid $129.00 for a Concept 11.00 by waiting a day, they saved nearly 100 bucks by being patient! :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom