Watch out for this guy.

What is the old story about 6 degrees of separation?
I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy.

I know one police woman who works cyber-crime part time in her job.
Alas she is a small town cop, not a Fed.
Still, perhaps she knows someone, who knows someone.
I will need to look her up and have a talk. :)

Sounded like him, but with no location given it was a stab in the dark.

This is another one of his scams that has been on & off CL for the last 6 months.

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/pioneer-rt-909-reel-reel/6382615365.html

PIONEER RT-909 REEL/REEL - $325 (deer valley)

00909_1y0Cn9zcXxS_600x450.jpg

Here's the Marantz for reference

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/d/marantz-2270/6387205266.html

MARANTZ 2270 - $300 (Phoenix)

01515_aJPNg8J9KrQ_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Both of those ads (the one for the RT-909 and the one for the Marantz 2270) have been showing up here on the NJ / Philly area Craigslist off and on for the past few years. What an ass!!

This is really sad that one person can screw it up for all the honest people out there that actually do use Craigslist legitimately. I purchased 2 top of the line receivers from two different sellers on Craigslist , both of them were shipped across the states with no problems I always use PayPal as a business transaction paying the 3%and using my credit card that way I've got double protection

Yeah, that's him. I flagged it. It's extremely obviously fake if you stop for two seconds to think about it.

I have never seen this messaging screen on CL, how do you get to that? I thought all you could do was flag.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. Takes a few clicks, it's buried in the menus.

Yeah I had to google it. After I reported, another post popped up warning of the scam. I responded to the post saying that it was reported and the person wrote back saying 'I cant believe I got scammed'

Apparently it works, but then again why else would you continue unless it paid off. Bummer. One rule for craigslist - deal in person.

The posts that I reported are still up.

Back
Top Bottom