Watching Lost In Space (2018) The Word Awful does not do it justice.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Wow this is horrible, plodding narrative. Snarky teenage girls, separated parents togather again. The plot is so predicable you think you are watching a rerun. Bits and pieces of other sci-fi movies. Filmed in BC, Canada North of Vancouver.

At least one thing isn’t there
B7E6C400-DBB4-4EDB-8086-61B4F300914B.jpeg

Instead.......
3A84DCDD-00CF-4505-86FD-2BDBFF727131.jpeg

Last edited:
This is a series that puts you to sleep, and when you wake up you are disappointed that it is still playing.

Well thanks ... Now I just HAVE to watch it ...

train-wreck-1.jpg

Wow this is horrible, plodding narrative. Snarky teenage girls, separated parents togather again. The plot is so predicable you think you are watching a rerun. Bits and pieces of other sci-fi movies.
Thank you for encouraging me to watch it. It'll be your fault if I hate it. ;)

I actually enjoyed it overall. It was a slow starter but by the end it was moving pretty well, i will continue watching for now.

Did you catch Billy Mumy's Cameo as Dr Smith at the end?
I did, my big problem is I have been a gigantic fan of science fiction for a long time and I have a good memory. An example is the scenery. I recognize some of it used in several dungeon and dragon style movies. The story line is similar to at least 4 recent science fiction TV series I can think off.

We watched maybe 20-30 minutes of it, Gawd awful is RIGHT!
Misdirection and jump cuts are no excuse for poor writing and plot insanity ...
OMG the water is going to FREEZE RIGHT SOON NOW ... get MAGNESIUM!!
(And it didn't crack her faceplate-helmet?)
UGH!

5 minutes left is Episode 8... I will have finished watching it before bed tonight. I never liked the original, but this has made for an entertaining weekend

5 minutes left is Episode 8... I will have finished watching it before bed tonight. I never liked the original, but this has made for an entertaining weekend

There is a lot to be said for simply being entertained.

Sure, the first episode felt a bit long and there were one or two things that didn't make scientific sense but overall it has been entertaining so far.
If you can sit back and enjoy the ride it beats about 80% of the other options.

There is a lot to be said for simply being entertained.

Sure, the first episode felt a bit long and there were one or two things that didn't make scientific sense but overall it has been entertaining so far.
If you can sit back and enjoy the ride it beats about 80% of the other options.

and the ending credits to episode 10 are playing... I liked it, will watch next season if there is one.

We watched maybe 20-30 minutes of it, Gawd awful is RIGHT!
Misdirection and jump cuts are no excuse for poor writing and plot insanity ...
OMG the water is going to FREEZE RIGHT SOON NOW ... get MAGNESIUM!!
(And it didn't crack her faceplate-helmet?)
UGH!
A really big 10-4 on that. Unfortunately one of my favorite passtimes is tearing weak or impossible science to pieces, so I will probable keep watching.

To each their own but I think only a tiny handful of movies or shows could survive any real in depth analysis. Most could be even torn apart with things like 'would someone really do that in this situation' or 'what are the odds that that would happen at just that moment'.

Sure, it doesn't make sense that it would be cold enough that water that deep would instantly freeze but their skin could be exposed to the elements. But sometimes if you are going to accept that we built a truly massive space ship with huge individual ships for each family that then gets sucked through a worm hole you just have to roll with a few moments where the writers cheated. Knowing that there is almost no chance that the scuba tank would have exploded at the end of Jaws doesn't ruin the movie.

With most movies and shows just from the preview alone you know where the plot is going; what makes some interesting is the getting there. And every series can't be instantly good, some have to figure out where they are going along the way and improve as the actors get better at working together.

In an age of darker, more depressing, more gross, and more violent 'entertainment' I'll take a not perfect scripted show that has just enough redeeming qualities that you could actually watch with a kid

A really big 10-4 on that. Unfortunately one of my favorite passtimes is tearing weak or impossible science to pieces, so I will probable keep watching.

Are you, Neil Degrasse Tyson...? :D And I agree, I hate bad science, almost as much as idiotic plot holes, and lapses of logic. :eek: So, the new L.I.S. must be good, as it has all 3...! :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom