Watching Lost In Space (2018) The Word Awful does not do it justice.

If you want to see were this series is going just watch were it came from.

Outcasts (2011
The 100 (2014)
Terra Nova (2011)
Earth II (1994)

Terra Nova was actually pretty good. The other three well........:thumbsdown:

I thought invaderzim was one of the baddies in LIS? ;)
Sorry, couldn't help myself!

the difference is Zim comes to you
zim-zim-32195642-2400-3129.jpg

If you want to see were this series is going just watch were it came from.

Outcasts (2011
The 100 (2014)
Terra Nova (2011)
Earth II (1994)

Terra Nova was actually pretty good. The other three well........:thumbsdown:

I only watched about half an episode of the 100 (I think it was aimed at a teen audience with the standard pretty CW cast) and none of Earth II or Outcasts.
I saw all of Terra Nova and it also started out a bit forced and stilted feeling and improved over time. It really got its legs about the time they canceled it.

Canada knows how to make good TV,

Forever Night (1997)
A story of Nick Knight an 800 year old vampire who is a police detective in Toronto and works the grave yard shift. He does this because he feels remorse over of all the people he has killed over the centuries. This series is on Youtube, Amazon, and Apple TV.

A2150C3D-9F4F-43E7-8CAA-AA00F6DFBB31.jpeg

Due South (1994)
A modern day Dudley Do-Right, Constable Benton Fraser is a Canadian Mountie who goes to Chicago with his pet wolf to find his father's murderer. Who’s ghost shows up from time to time. This show is very, very funny in a very laid back way. The usual sources here

EB30B3ED-B8DA-4652-B498-40F0EE85803D.jpeg

Last edited:
I was enjoying it, and it had promise, until Dr. Smith came into it in the second episode. Just a stupid overplayed character. Only watched 2-3 episodes so far and not sure if I want to waste the data on any more. Also, already knowing that Dr. Smith is a bad guy, kind of takes the fun out of it.

we gave it a try...watched the first 2 episodes. Probably won't go back.

My wife liked it more than I did but I ultimately enjoyed it and look forward to season 2. The robot is great IMO. In terms of story it's much more cohesive than the original series. Further, where it ends is right about where the original begins. I won't go into more for those sticking with it. One thing the original never made clear was why would a family be sent out alone? You'll understand why at the end. "Dr. Smith" was a misfire however the character makes sense in context of the above changes and I warmed by the end. The biggest miss is the whole Grrrrrrrl Power!!! vibe. They are all overly competent which is fine because they must be. John Robinson though is supposed to be ex-Special Forces but may struggle figuring out how to use a microwave oven. Same for West and some of the others. The competency balance is way off for supposedly strict pass/fail of who is going into space. (Will gets a flyer here.) I could go on but won't because much of it I do like and am curious where Netflix goes with it.

I watched the first two episode. Entertaining, but not great. Will see where it goes.

It has captured the spirit of the first episodes of the original - family going from one threat to another.

I think it's much better than the original, but I wish the Dr. Smith character was written out. They'd have enough interesting things to deal without some petty criminal gumming up the works.

I think it's much better than the original, but I wish the Dr. Smith character was written out. They'd have enough interesting things to deal without some petty criminal gumming up the works.

Yeah, the original Smith was an enemy operative with a skill set. Although they are portraying this one as a quick learner, she is indeed a petty criminal and little more.

Forever Night (1997)
A story of Nick Knight an 800 year old vampire who is a police detective in Toronto and works the grave yard shift. He does this because he feels remorse over of all the people he has killed over the centuries. This series is on Youtube, Amazon, and Apple TV.

View attachment 1165284

Due South (1994)
A modern day Dudley Do-Right, Constable Benton Fraser is a Canadian Mountie who goes to Chicago with his pet wolf to find his father's murderer. Who’s ghost shows up from time to time. This show is very, very funny in a very laid back way. The usual sources here

View attachment 1165286

I loved Forever Knight! It was a great show, I was disappointed the way they ended it though.

You also forgot another great Canadian show:
upload_2018-4-18_13-50-33.jpeg

I'm quickly tiring of the Dr Smith character. Too many of the episodes focus too much on her.
I think if they had to have a Dr Smith they could have made her much more subtle. Instead the writers choose to hit us over the head with her personality. She looks like a drug addict street criminal with the crazy hair and, most times, a crazy look on her face. No one with half a brain would believe she got through the stringent qualification process and somehow just didn't pay attention but still made it.
I think they should have gone with the actor that played her sister and kept us guessing if she was evil or not and then guessing at just how evil instead of making it so obvious from the start. Either make her a criminal mastermind or a lowlife but pick one; don't have her be a lowlife that was just a mastermind in waiting.

The robot is my favorite character. I wish they hadn't make the two daughters so that one was super melancholy and the other was way too perky. They could have a little depth of character.

You also forgot another great Canadian show:
View attachment 1166213
I really liked Da Vinci's inquest. It was the only show I've ever seen where the dialog felt natural. They wrote and delivered it the way real people talk to each other and voice ideas to co-workers.

Forever Night (1997)

Due South (1994)
I liked both these shows. If you like the basic premise of Forever Night, you might enjoy Fox's Lucifer. I think it would be classified as a dramedy and I find it a bit of fresh air to be able to sit back and just be entertained without worrying about taking anything too seriously. I's just fun.

As for Lost In Space, we're almost done with this season. It's a total reimagining of the original series but it does have potential, at least in our eyes. ...at least until the talking vegetables appear.

Last edited:
I don't remember much of the original, having avoided watching it, but, how is it someone didn't shove the obviously trecherous Dr. Smith down a volcano by the third episode?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom