Way more power

BlackDog

Gentleman, In an act of finality I bought a G-9700 last night. Will I be able to use the Qb's that I have? Soon Q/B will send east the 9001 and I would also like to be able to use 2 more rec.(gang of four) How might this be done or can it be done where there are quad and stereo units plugging into the same 4 speakers at 4 ohms.

The G-9700 is a monster, a beautiful beast of a receiver. 200 wpc! As gorgeous to look at as to hear playing.
Be aware that the G-9700 does NOT have pre out/main in jacks.
You should be able to work around that by using the tape out/in jacks.
I ran my G-9700 with a pair of Qb's (4 ohm) AND a pair of Advent's (not so efficient 8 ohm), long and sometimes loud. The big G never broke a sweat.
The quad unit may have prepared you, but the G-9700 is a physically VERY large package.
You will probably find that the G-9700 is more than enough for whatever you want to do, whether sound quality or quantity.

BlackDog,

Congrats on that new monster toy! I bought Bully's G-9700 about a year ago and it is still my daily player in my computer/listening room. I have it driving a pair of Pioneer HPM-100s and it never even begins to get warm even when I try to turn it up loud. Lots of power. Definately a great reciever and a keeper!

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Post some pics of it if you can...

Ken

I'll do that - I love the sound but looking at these machines is a small joy in my life. They are beautiful.... of course then you turn them on (and turn out the lights). I do need guidance on hooking up at least 4 of these things to my speakers. I would like to be able to pick the machine I am going to listen to with out major rewiring each time I change the receiver. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom