WDET chief faces embezzling charges

whell

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
For those of you following the hue and cry over the format change at WDET public radio in Detroit, this may play a significant role in potentially removing the biggest proponent of the change in format from music to talk.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060317/METRO/603170394

I'd never wish jail time or a criminal conviction on anyone. However, if I recall the basics correctly about the reason for the format change in the first place, it was the recent move of Michael Coleman to WDET as General Manager that brought about the format change in the first place. If this means his ultiamte departure from the GM role, it might throw open the programming question once again.

Excuse my French but **** YEAH !

If anyone deserves to get the hell out of Detroit and go to jail, DO NOT pass go its that asshole Coleman.

Of course i just sold my tuna which would make me cry if they reinstate tunes in the day time again..... :( :( :(

Dave, if the programming y'all likes comes back, I'll send you a tuner. Maybe not quite in the league of what you had, but it'll sound good, if nothing else!

So, Grumpy sells his tuner, and we potentially get out tunes back. :scratch2:

I won't be buying any lottery tickets in a pool with you dude! :lmao:

Ironic isn't it that Martin Bandyke's departure was linked to questions of payola and acceptance of gifts, yet the new regime actually gets caught (well, indicted) with their hand in the till.

I wish Coleman all the success in the world as the new GM of the radio station at the Jackson Correctional Facility.

And isn't this lovely news as they begin their new pledge drive? Give us more money so we can steal it??

Yep, the WSU governors have a real sweet mess on their hands.

BTW, Los Lobos dumped them

Found this on the WDET website while looking for an email address to rub some salt in.

"It's necessary to share some important information about the upcoming Major Donor Recognition Event scheduled for May 4. After much negotiating over the last few weeks — Los Lobos has informed WDET that they will not be fulfilling the appearance agreement confirmed last August. It's disappointing that Los Lobos — who have enjoyed decades of support from WDET as a station — has decided not to honor their commitment to support public radio in Detroit."

Looks like Los Lobos prefers not to be associated with liars and thieves

The saddest thing of all is the thousands of listeners who're getting screwed by all the wasted money. Money that was stolen, money that comes from pledges that will have to be spent of PR to try and get support back. The people that screw with public trust never get punished enough I think.

Back
Top Bottom