We are continuing to work on tweaking AK.

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
Members had the luxury of playing on AK under an old software that had been tweaked over 13 years. We will get the new AK sorted out with some time. It won't be 13 years but it won't be a few days either.

We are working on many levels. Things that make the forums run like database, server, scripts, etc. Then there are members things like logging in, forum access, posting permissions, etc. Not to mention, things that are still works in progress like the search engine and photo gallery.

With over 8 million posts, 200K attachments, almost 200K members and only one of me, it is a daunting task. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for all the excellent hard work. We will try to be patient with ongoing developments.

Speaking for myself, and I'm sure tens of thousands of other members, Thank you!

This is coming along nicely, IMHO. :)

Hey Luther great job and thank you...

Don't trip on all the negitivity some are barking, all you can do is what you can to move masive amounts of info. I can fully understand this can really take months to tweak the site.

Thanks for the update.

Looks like the indexing of my past posts on my profile is complete, and includes my last post in the old software I made on Friday night.

Thanks for the update.

Looks like the indexing of my past posts on my profile is complete, and includes my last post in the old software I made on Friday night.
Me to!!

Luther all our info from the old site is uploading.;)

Threads Posted In & Threads Started

Good job!!!

It seems to be coming along nicely and I am sure it is a hell of a big job. when you guys can see to it help us figure out how to access the subscription info so I/we can renew. not in a hurry though as I can get a feel for the site and re-subscribe later.
thanks again!

Luther,

Grumpy said you needed a Scotch a few posts back somewhere. We all owe you a couple cases of the finest Single Malt or whatever floats your boat.

Excellent work and thanks for everything so far.

Frannie

Holy crap! You're doing this by yourself??!!??!! That's amazing to me. Keep up the good work!

The new platform is working well for me so far and it looks much better. Thank you for all the hard work and for the constant improvements!

Nolan

Members had the luxury of playing on AK under an old software that had been tweaked over 13 years. We will get the new AK sorted out with some time. It won't be 13 years but it won't be a few days either.

We are working on many levels. Things that make the forums run like database, server, scripts, etc. Then there are members things like logging in, forum access, posting permissions, etc. Not to mention, things that are still works in progress like the search engine and photo gallery.

With over 8 million posts, 200K attachments, almost 200K members and only one of me, it is a daunting task. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.

ThUp.jpg

Keep up the good work, mate!

Cheers, og

You know what? It is already quite usable for me. Better from here? It is all gravy. You are doing just fine. Your work is definitely appreciated by the great, albeit silent, majority. The platform already does more than the old one did.

Ignore the naysayers. I never heard such whining in all my days. This is the age of entitlement, I guess. One thing: it shows what AK has come to mean to folks, and they don't like their boats rocked. That is a good thing. When crafting is done, all will be as it should be. I believe that to be true.

As a software engineer of 31+ years, to have this site up and running, with a full platform change, in one weekend, was a serious accomplishment. Getting it up to a point where it is usable by the membership, while background tweaks are being performed, is truly superb. Well done.

Thanks,
Rich P

Back
Top Bottom