We made the print media!

Not too shabby...I wonder how many "civilians" we had show up last year? Wonder how many will show this time up because of this article?

Very nice article! I sent a link to our local paper. maybe next year we could prepare a press release in advance that AK members could send directly or via a link to their local newspapers. If nothing else, it might draw out some new members to AK even if they just checked the site and didn't attend the Fest the first year.

Now in its fourth year, AKFest promises a more "community" atmo, even for those seeking only to look and listen to cool shit.

Boy has the ink media changed since I had ink stined hands... :nono:

I noticed that too but then looked at the "Alternative" heading. Probably not what you'd find in your local newpaper.

Yes its an alternative paper. How many "normal" people are into the stuff we are ? :D

I'm going to refer to Ernie as "Ernesto," because nobody would ever make that connection. "Ernesto Von Kleinhoppenheffenweiserfestmann."

And nice job getting the article in print. Tends to be worth more than paid advertising.

Codename or otherwise, Dave did a good interview! They only publish 10% of what you say, and most folks get quoted in ways they don't like, so Dave not only said good stuff, he also managed to be likeable enough that the writer didn't lean on him at all. Who knew Dave could be likeable?

Great job, Dave!

This snippet was taken from the article

Now in its fourth year, AKFest promises a more "community" atmo, even for those seeking only to look and listen to cool shit. The genesis of the AKFest is its sister Web site and forum, audiokarma.org, whose worldwide membership now exceeds 20,000.

This is AK!! I seek only to look and listen to "cool shit"!!

Another problem I see frequently is that reporters tend to completely bollix up someone's name and/or what they said. Most times its accidental/sloppy reporting, other times I wonder..Anyhow, this looks like it went off quite well, cast us in a very good light.

Back
Top Bottom