Wedge bulb holder - new ones available

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by steveUK, Feb 22, 2018.

1. steveUK

steveUK AK Subscriber Subscriber

Please register to disable this ad.

2. zebulon1

zebulon1 Getting behind on work. I need help? Subscriber

Very handy.
    Any images of Pioneers that you used these in?

3. steveUK

Hmm.. (scratches head) the purpose of me starting this thread was to help fellow Pioneers enthusiasts to source this useful spare part, I'm really not seeing why you want to see photos of Pioneers that I've used them in? It wouldn't 'show' or 'prove' anything? They do fit, I wouldn't have posted had they not. There's thousands of photos of nice Pioneers on the internet. If I'd refinished say the front panel of a Pioneer piece then a photo would be very relevant, but not in the case of a bulb holder that's not even visible.

4. markthefixer

markthefixer On Hiatus, dealing with Dad's estate full time Subscriber

I think the point escaped you, we don't want to see the outsides of the receiver they were used in, we wanna see THEM!!! The sockets.!!

Don't get all bent out of shape, we ALL would like to see how they fit in, particularly if they can be shown in easy contrast to the originals.

Fit is a relative term. Tight, lose or whatever. How does it compare to the originals. Taller, shorter, zillions of details.

I posted stuff a while back about a different type of wired and flexible wedge bulb socket, that was a tight fit in the target, and others experimented and pointed out where material could be removed (IIRC) to ease the fit a bit.

If you don't do it when it's convenient for you, that just means one of us will have to get some and try them out with a gimlet eye and also post pictures of them in situ.

5. steveUK

The part fits: the same form, fit and function. No problems, no issues, perfect replacement.

6. tarior

tarior Dirty pool, old man? Subscriber

Mouser also has JKL 2919 on order, expected to be in in April. These should work in SX-850-1250.
    They also have a push-in type socket (2964) that I'm going to try for SX-750 and others that use that style of lamp holder.
    https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/208/2964-6B-13398.pdf

7. markthefixer

[​IMG]

8. backmd

backmd Active Member

Yes unfortunately I also have to deal with an estate; Mom's estate. She had a trust, but who knows what that means. I may have to hire an attorney. Any advice?

9. jdurbin1

jdurbin1 Tandberg enthusiast Subscriber

Um, sure - how about try posting that question somewhere relevant? Pretty sure it isn't going to be addressed here... unless her trust was sitting on a pile of spare NOS Pioneer receiver lampholders.

John

10. markthefixer

11. Watthour

Watthour Electron Rancher - JS3600

It looks like the same socket used in several of the antique cars floating around here. Most (if not all) of the instrument panel lamps are mounted that way from '67 Cheby up through my '86 Trans Am.

12. zebulon1

zebulon1 Getting behind on work. I need help? Subscriber

I ordered 12 for spares.
    They have some 2400 ready to ship. I wondered(?); They must be prevalent.

13. markthefixer

Chrysler's were NOT a fit - I had plenty of them.

14. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

i see them all the time in automotive applications .. i have a few in my box of lamps and relays .

15. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

For Shame....My Favorite 60's rides reduced to Antique status!

16. Kenny*G

Kenny*G AK Subscriber Subscriber

As mentioned above pictures of this socket installed in a Pioneer unit would be very helpful. I bought these same sockets from a different source and they don't come close to fitting a Pioneer SX-980 light pipe socket.
    Guess I'll try ordering some like markthefixer posted from Mouser and give them a try.

17. steveUK

The receiver they were fitted to is no longer in my possession. A photo would show/prove nothing. Quite simply, it is a statement of fact that the ones that I bought, from THAT source are EXACTLY the same in form, fit and function, end of story. If people buy similar looking ones from a different source and they don't fit, I really don't see how that relates to my proven, defined, well meant tip. Guys, I gave gave you a good, accurate tip, please don't misuse or misinterpret it then question me as if it was flawed. Thank you.

18. sawdust

sawdust Solid walnut covers all my gear Subscriber

don't put any blame on Steve for buying the wrong sockets , The SX-50 series and SX-80 series take different sockets, I bought the sockets that Steve posted they fit and work perfect in my SX-1250 I also bought the sockets that MTF posted they fit and work in my SX-980 without removing any material.
    I took pictures of both series to show that they work end of story

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 9:09 AM
  19. Kenny*G

Kenny*G AK Subscriber Subscriber

Se how simple that was, a simple picture that you posted explains the issue. I bought the exact same sockets that Steve posted from DGWOJO.com, was told they fit the SX-980, and they DONOT work end of story ! They may work in the SX-50 series just fine, that's exactly what I was trying to get explained here without a bunch of smart aleck reply's !

Thank You for your time

20. steveUK

Who told you they would fit the SX-980? (Hint: it wasn't me). I am not responsible for the words of others.