Weekend Take

Toasted Almond

RIP 1952-2016
Not a great weekend, not a bad weekend.

Marantz SR-620 receiver. Gorgeous mint. Stuck that 55 wpc @ 4 ohms right into my daughter's bedroom system driving the KLH Model 6's. Yard sale steal! I was supposed to go back today and check out some big Sansui speakers that she had yet to get to. It was raining, but she said I could knock on the door whenever. I shall. That frees up the 50wpc JVC that was in the bedroom.

Akai CS-703 cassette deck in really nice shape everywhere. Works like a charm. Yard sale steal, along with a Realistic 12 band equalizer/expander, also in beautiful shape. Realistic part # 31-2009.

Denon DR-M10 3 motor cassette deck. Thrift shop steal. Works fine, no GREAT, looks rugged.

Onkyo CP-1200 turntable. Nice shape, works great, plenty of stylus (Shure cartridge). Yard sale.

Yesterday my neighbor Dean came over and GAVE me a Sony X33ES cd player. He said it has "tracking issues" as he gave it to me. Then he told me he already bought a brand new Cambridge Audio cd machine. I've been playing that Sony non-stop for 36 hours. No "tracking issues".

Not a great weekend, not a bad weekend.

TA

Sounds like a winner to me.

And don't chalk it up to 'good' just yet, it may be 'great' when you go nab the Sansui Kabuki's, and peddle em to some yahoo for a couple Franklins.

Cheers,
Russ

Yesterday when I got there, she yanked open the garage door. First thing I see is the original box for a Sansui 2000A. I figured I hit it big if the guy was a box saver. Turns out the box had all the original packing material but no receiver. Then she made a point of mentioning about a hundred times that HE probably took it with him when he LEFT (If it's raining tomorrow and I don't have a yard sale you can knock on the door).

I just didn't feel like it today. Maybe if I get lonely I'll go check out the Kabuki's. Yesterday she also had a Garrard Zero 100 nightmare with owners manual and all. No thanks. I did enjoy the Marantz receiver. Nice shape with the removable top vent like the older series.

TA

Back
Top Bottom