Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Awesome find! They are great turntables! I've had the 38 and the 48, and still have an ht-460, but that one is gorgeous! Did you get a dustcover with it?

Most likely they weren't into vintage audio. Sweet!

My HT-460 has a ruined dust cover. Plus it needs a little push to get it started. Once it gets going, it works beautifully.

Walked up to a fresh looking stack of records at my local weekly swap meet and walked away with 24 more for the collection...

Highlights include:

Fleetwood Mac - S/T MFSL
Gino Vannelli - Powerful People MFSL
Chipmunks - 12 Days of Christmas (finally)
Yes - 5x albums
The Mothers - Over-Nite Sensation
The Sheiks - Going Public
Springsteen - Born to Run / The River
Ratt - Invasion

Kind of funny. I started paging through them so another guy started looking as well. Once I saw him flip to the MFSL Fleetwood Mac, I was all like :yikes:... Then when I saw him leave it there, I was all like :eek2: :banana:... Now I'm all like :music:...

Altec Santana's - excellent condition. No picture, found at a garage sale, but didn't buy them, I don't carry much cash - they were asking $350.
Also had Carver amp ($350), pre, and tuner, Yamaha Sound Processor, Sansui B-3000 power amp (not a BA).
Cheapest piece was the Sansui B-3000 at $50, but not very desirable.
Who sells that kind of stuff in a garage sale?
Also saw 2 Teac 5500 reel-to-reel decks being sold as I walked up another driveway - $25 each.
So I was a few dollars short, and a few minutes too late today.

At least I got to hear the Altec's - very nice.

Scored a Moog Prodigy at a yard sale today. 20 bucks. Won't power up but I believe the only thing wrong with it is the power switch. It was gummy and would'nt click. Inside look great.

That an incredible find! The keyboard player in my band bought a Prodigy new in '79 or '80 can't remember how much it was but it was a lot, a great little synthe.

A sleeve of round top RCA 7868s, 1pair GE 7868s, a pair of RCA 7355s and an RCA 7199. All appear to be NIB but the boxes are a little chewed up by mice or something. Don't have any matching gear right now but still a good buy.

A few very nice things:

A B&K Variac $10
ESale02.JPG

A Russound Input switch (similar yo the famous realistic tape control center) $3

ESale04.JPG

ESale06.JPG

A realistic sound level meter $4
ESale08.JPG

ESale09.JPG

A pair of 2 ft high steel Speaker stands $10
ESale07.JPG

Oh well.... and this bad boy, hiding behind some usual HH items. Survived 3 days of the estate sale since no one really care. Don't ask me how much I paid for

ESale11.JPG

ESale12.JPG

Walked up to a fresh looking stack of records at my local weekly swap meet and walked away with 24 more for the collection...

Highlights include:

Fleetwood Mac - S/T MFSL
Gino Vannelli - Powerful People MFSL
Chipmunks - 12 Days of Christmas (finally)
Yes - 5x albums
The Mothers - Over-Nite Sensation
The Sheiks - Going Public
Springsteen - Born to Run / The River
Ratt - Invasion

Kind of funny. I started paging through them so another guy started looking as well. Once I saw him flip to the MFSL Fleetwood Mac, I was all like :yikes:... Then when I saw him leave it there, I was all like :eek2: :banana:... Now I'm all like :music:...
That Gino Vanelli is a great album, and well recorded, too.

My wife and I went to Montreal for the day to our favorite flea market.

Found the two paintings and I'm quite happy getting them. I'm using the Kenny as a convenient base. So we can look at them and decide their future.

IMG_3651.JPG

I walked away from a pair of cs 99 A's at the flea. He had 'em for 200. Now, I own 2 pair of 77's along with restored Advents, KLH 6's , cs 50a's . I had a pair of 88a's too which I didn't like. Among others. But I always wanted a pair of these to try. For years I've been looking. And there they were in front of me. It would have required a walk to the atm. I failed to make the walk. It's a choice I made but will regret. Even now.

I walked away from a pair of cs 99 A's at the flea. He had 'em for 200. Now, I own 2 pair of 77's along with restored Advents, KLH 6's , cs 50a's . I had a pair of 88a's too which I didn't like. Among others. But I always wanted a pair of these to try. For years I've been looking. And there they were in front of me. It would have required a walk to the atm. I failed to make the walk. It's a choice I made but will regret. Even now.
Don't regret it. Really, don't. There will be others, and, they are nice enough, but, they aren't the ultimate. Hang in there.

Last weekend I went to a subdivision sale and the first house I stopped at had these sitting in the driveway, so I made a bee line for them. Bose 601 Series III in mint condition. Not a mark anywhere on the cabinets. The woofers have perfect foam, so I am thinking they were re-foamed somewhere down the line. I vacuumed out the dust caps, and fired them up. Best $40 I have spent in a long time.
AFBED4DB-4807-4864-A36D-95E102724A35_zpsmwmm5nqe.jpg
263B94DD-1ACF-419B-91E5-885A21C9ACC4_zpsiyulc9c4.jpg
420B0D9A-71F9-4F81-B19E-67FDA7F93CC0_zpsbyqwvka2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom