Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

The rummage sale Gods were pretty good to me this weekend! I went to a block sale on Friday, and the first house I hit had a box of records sitting there. I bought 29 LPs for $4, including a Lynyrd Skynyrd Street Survivors flame cover! As I am paying her, I noticed a box with speakers in it for $10. Turns out they are Bose 151 SE Environmental Speakers with the manual. OK, I’ll take these too.
DF9BB466-431F-497B-BAAA-C19C86B112D8_zps9xim3jos.jpg

Now that’s what I call a good haul for $19!

I would call that epic actually. I've yet to see that LP in the wild and I've been looking since the 80s, well done.

I have a set of those Bose. They are great under-the-eaves, outside music speakers BTW.

U2 - Joshua Tree
U2 - Rattle & Hum
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Dalis Car - The Waking Hour
Rush - Permanent Waves
Rush - Hemispheres
Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction

All above for $50. The GnR is a BMG but whatever, the price was right.

MVC-001F.JPG
MVC-002F.JPG
vintage sansui qr1500 quad receiver. from original owner - $15. strangely enough, i picked up another of same model 18 months or so back just few blocks from this one.
although not audio related, also picked up a NIB victor heavy duty/commercial oxygen regulator for oxyacetylene torch at same sale for $5.
fully functional akai gx-4000d r2r was bartered from friend awhile back for about $15 in goods.

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 8
Last weekend Estate sale.

Lane cedar record cabinet

Zenith Allegro 4000's in mint condition

Acoustic Research Red Box Improved, mint condition.
Some other oddities, beer and liquor mirrors, eyeball floor lamp. Hat form,
9 Beatles 45's, no sleeves but nice condition.

They are now in my wife's booth space where I have an area to sell stuff.
I keep a Sansui 1000x there playing music from a CD player.

It's been quite a dry spell finding things but finally a nice find.

IMG_3988.JPG IMG_3989.JPG

IMG_4005.JPG

IMG_4063.JPG

Last edited:
I found a nice Adcom GFA-545 poweramp with a Adcom GTP-500 preamp at an estate sale for 75 bucks. then on the way home i stopped at a thrift and picked up a minty pair of Sansui LM -330 speakers.(not my pic) it all turned out to be a very nice sounding combination.
Sansui%20LM-330%20Speakers%20%28500x461%29.jpg

i passed on a nice set of Philips fb815 speakers that needed a refoam that were looking at my with big puppy dog eyes. i will also continue to refuse to buy a very pretty pair of Fisher xp18"s that i have no room for.

Zenith Allegro 4000's in mint condition

A good friend had a set of these and regrets selling them. He worked for Celestion, owned Tannoy Golds, Klipsch Heresy, ADS, and many many more. He has a handle on what a decent speaker is IOW. I never got to hear these but according to him (after cap replacement) they are way better than they have any right to be, shocking actually. I hope you will give them a run through and post your own observations about them in Speakers.

Back
Top Bottom