Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Long dry spell and just had to have this little Realistic STA-65B. Beautiful veneered case protected the insides nicely. The balance knob is a little wonky even after a Deoxit treatment. Included was a Dual CS-708Q. It's not an idler drive but has a nice Ortofon MC100 cart. $40 total.
20170923_120040.jpg
20170923_092812.jpg

Last edited:
Since I sold my Sony last year, my only low powered ss receiver was a germanium based Martel. Offered it to the Mrs., in case she wasn't happy with her Hitachi, but she passed! :) Literature says 36 w/channel, though that seems optimistic. Might not be my best sounding unit but loads of charm and fun.

I picked up a nice pair of little speakers recently, Technics SB-30's from the early 70's, They're about the size of a Minimus 7's with a full range 3" driver, a nice wood veneer cabinet, and a great sound. They're only rated for 20 watts so I didn't push them too hard but I've never seen a 3" driver move so much without any sign of distortion.
P1010360.jpg

P1010361.jpg

Got these at a yard sale yesterday. There was a big jumbled box of cables at end of driveway with a wired computer mouse on top. Noticed several HDMI cables in it plus some better grade RCA pairs too. Bought the whole box for $5. Got home and found these, a fiio Olympus headphone amp, fiio Taishan DAC, and toslink splitter at the bottom. The Olympus does not appear to be used. A pile of other useful stuff like a Linksys wifi webcam, 2.5A USB charger, USB-USB mini cables, etc.

Not bad for $5 -

1QWDmsw.jpg

Long dry spell and just had to have this little Realistic STA-65B. Beautiful veneered case protected the insides nicely. The balance knob is a little wonky even after a Deoxit treatment. Included was a Dual CS-708Q. It's not an idler drive but has a nice Ortofon MC100 cart. $40 total.

Very nice. Is the tip of the Ortofon MC100 in good shape - that alone would be a good buy at $40 if it is?

Very nice. Is the tip of the Ortofon MC100 in good shape - that alone would be a good buy at $40 if it is?

Don't yet have a decent way to check it out under magnification. If the cobwebs under the cover are any indication it has been some time since it saw grooves. Right now it needs dusting, some deoxit and possibly some caps as it it is stuck in hyper-drive speed. Haven't been into tt's and carts for some time but it looks like the prior owner installed it on a 1/2" cart adapter. Maybe for more weight?

20170924_204250-1.jpg

Don't yet have a decent way to check it out under magnification. If the cobwebs under the cover are any indication it has been some time since it saw grooves. Right now it needs dusting, some deoxit and possibly some caps as it it is stuck in hyper-drive speed. Haven't been into tt's and carts for some time but it looks like the prior owner installed it on a 1/2" cart adapter. Maybe for more weight?

It came with an Ortofon so I don't think it is weight. Maybe using it as a spacer for height, but then again it is pretty well the same shape as the stock MM Ortofon.

Back
Top Bottom