Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

The only one of those I even know is Black Flag, but I would have bought them too just figuring they were something.

Deb and I were at the fleamarket yesterday morning and I got this stuff for next to nothing since it was untested. Got it home, cleaned up the amp and it's quiet as a mouse, no scratchiness to gain controls, no hums just gobs of power (200wpc 8ohms/375wpc 4ohms).

The little Realistic preamp was another good buy for $2

VFFmNX7.jpg

Picked up a nice selection of M- and sealed records at a local sale for $1/each:
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Beach Boys - California Girls
Beatles - The Beatles 1962-1966 (2LP)
Beatles - The Beatles 1967-1970 (2LP)
Boston -Don't Look Back
David Bowie - Let's Dance
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky
Duran Duran - Decade
Eagles - Hotel California
ELO - Out Of The Blue (2LP)
ELO - Discovery
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (2LP)
Led Zeppelin - IV
Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door
Police - Zenyatta Mondatta
Police - Ghosts In The Machine
Prince - 1999 (2LP)
Queen - News Of The World
Queen - Jazz
Linda Ronstadt - Mad Love
Rush - Permanent Waves
Bruce Springsteen - Born In The USA

Appetite For Destruction with some robots or something on the cover... Is that special? ;)

Just the cover though... It had the interview picture disc inside. Whatever, $3 is a steal.

I picked up this Glaser-Steers GS77 at a neighbor's tag sale on Friday. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, it'll need a complete rebuild. I've never seen one in the wild, so for $15 I took a chance.
View attachment 1025140

I also grabbed this Nikko 8080 that was at a sale last week. She was asking $60 and it didn't sell because she still had it yesterday when I stopped by. We settled on $30.

It is super clean. There are 2 phono inputs, pre out, and main in which is nice. It sounds good too.

View attachment 1025141

The lights look weird because the diffuser sheet behind the scale was burned and dark, I removed it temporarily.
View attachment 1025142

Edit: It turns out the Nikko has a DC offset issue. If anyone seeing this can help, I have a thread in solid state:http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....lp-me-adjust-bias-on-a-nikko-sta-8080.792268/
Back in the '00s before the workers at the GW Clearance began sorting through the stuff for anything that might be vaguely old and "collectible",I found a GS77 in the bins.I kept asking around online if anybody could restore it for me.Everybody I asked said these things were such a pain to work on,they wouldn't want to touch it.So I eventually ended up sending it to a guy for parts.

Back in the '00s before the workers at the GW Clearance began sorting through the stuff for anything that might be vaguely old and "collectible",I found a GS77 in the bins.I kept asking around online if anybody could restore it for me.Everybody I asked said these things were such a pain to work on,they wouldn't want to touch it.So I eventually ended up sending it to a guy for parts.

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it. It doesn't really work at all, seems to have a problem with the on switch. I may look at it if I get some time. The good news is that this is the table with the Stanton 500 mk2 cartridge I asked about in the Stanton/Pickering thread. I'm definitely going to remove the cart and try it out.

Back
Top Bottom