1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by Rob., Aug 17, 2013.

1. markshan

markshan Sir Thrift a Lot Subscriber

People see stuff sell for a certain price on eBay and think that everyone on the street is willing to pay that price. They don't understand the difference between a worldwide market and a yard sale market. They also don't seem to understand that the eBay seller has to build in time to list and pack into their auction. Plus eBay's cut. I hope you let him know that.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. sixthday

sixthday Super Member

This was a Telefunken Magnetophon 204 Reel to Reel shown on picture of a north-west NJ estate sale the past weekend. I went there last minute and, of course, it was long gone. However, while I was fishing for possible leftover audio cables. I saw the the case and manual of the R2R. Laying on the ground with all sorts of garbage cloth on it. The buyer bought the R2R but left the case and manual (or simply too excited to look around?) Anyway, lucky me ! For a few bucks, this would an easier flipper.

3. Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob Desert Rat Subscriber

4. bobsvinyl

bobsvinyl Painfully Aware Subscriber

Cactus Bob likes this.
  5. boppa

boppa Active Member

And by the pick guard left handed it adds up

6. markshan

markshan Sir Thrift a Lot Subscriber

Good eye. That detail escaped my attention.

7. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Super Member

Grabbed an Onkyo TX-35, Onkyo TA-2022, an orphan Klipsch kg 4.2(surrounds need to be replaced), and a couple Wusthof knives today. I've snagged a dozen or so wusthofs the past couple of weeks...The knives are worth 2x what I paid for everything.

Harvestor likes this.
  8. Sparkie

Sparkie AK Subscriber Subscriber

[​IMG]Today i found a nice pair of AR 94 si speakers with the rotted foam for ten bucks. also snagged a Soundcraftsmen rp2204 equalizer for 20. another one of those i just could not leave them sitting there and regret it later buys. :p

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. Sparkie

upload_2018-4-22_10-57-17.jpeg
    just found this dirty beast at the local flea.

10. Dswankey

Dswankey Super Member

I went to an estate sale yesterday while browsing around I saw a pair of "AR" speakers listed for $250. I had to laugh a little as the "AR" speakers were Acoustic Reference, which If I'm not mistaken are white van speakers

markshan likes this.
  11. WmartinB

WmartinB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL NICE Subscriber

This morning at the flea market I picked up a couple of 12ax7's and a tube carrier of other tubes for a couple bucks,

Also found 96 college, fraternity and high school stamps? (if anyone knows what these really are please chime in) They vary in size but most are around 1"x1" steel blocks. I sold a ton of these a while ago, most of those were boy-scouts related, haven't ran across them in volume since.

12. thoraudio

thoraudio New Member

[​IMG]

57 recorded reels for $40 at an estate auction.

electronjohn likes this.
  13. jberger

jberger AK Subscriber Subscriber

Found the nice little KLH Model Twenty turntable/amp. Table needs a clean/lube, as do the controls. About 12 watts, should look and sound nice with some Altec 893 Coronas from a few weeks ago. 20180421_140932.jpg

Drugolf, electronjohn and OMGCat! like this.
  14. OMGCat!

OMGCat! AK Subscriber Subscriber

I left one of those KLHs behind a while ago. It was only $20 but someone had painted the wood white and I couldn't test it out. I know they are kind of a pain to work on and I can't do wood repair or refinishing to save my life so I figured it wasn't worth the gamble but after seeing a few nice ones I think it would have made a nice project.

15. ramzilla

ramzilla Active Member

Lucked out Saturday. This has been on my Holy Grail list for a while since owning the entry level model in high school.
    JVC JR-S600

Attached Files:

16. RedSquare

RedSquare Active Member

JBL L26's from an estate sale a couple weeks ago. $20

Cat from my mom's backyard, 7-years ago. Priceless

MVIMG_20180423_141703.jpg

17. Sparkie

upload_2018-4-28_8-28-57.jpeg
    pulled this sweet sansui stack from a yard sale. i had to buy a bunch of other gear too because he wanted to sell it all as a lot. i should be able to sell off some of the extra stuff and donate the rest.

18. GWhitney

GWhitney GWhitney Subscriber

Found this nice Dual 1218 yesterday at a local garage sale. Any Dual fans out there?

rsz_D1.jpg rsz_D2.jpg

19. Drugolf

Drugolf AK Subscriber Subscriber

snagged about 20 classical albums, mostly shaded dog RCA and Columbia Masterworks. All very very good condition.

Mitkraft and darkblue94 like this.
  20. A/D/Slover

A/D/Slover Active Member

Same place I found the shahinians 2 weeks before.

Attached Files:

Mitkraft likes this.